Ensure the smooth operation of the Starbucks Coffee outlets. Assist Starbucks Manager with achieving good results in sales, profit, service and associate satisfaction while ensuring excellent guest service.
* Oversee department in the absence of department manager. Assist in supervising associates; maintaining a friendly, efficient, and appealing environment for associates and customers. * Assist in the selection, orientation and training of new associates, and reinforce a successful performance by providing respectful and encouraging coaching. Provides feedback to manager on performance during shift. * Oversee staffing levels and makes adjustments to ensure service levels are met within labor models. Ensure associates are following their schedule. * Ensure associates have knowledge of menu content and menu prices. Demonstrate suggestive and up-selling techniques when interacting with guest. * Ensure associates accurately complete daily checklists, and organizes opening and closing duties as assigned. * Contribute to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance, resolves routine associate issues and communicates them to the manager. * Train associates on safety standards and enforce those standards on a consistent basis. Develops positive relationships with associates by understanding and addressing individual motivations, needs and concerns. * Ensure all operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security are followed, to ensure the safety of all associates during shift. * Ensure cash management and cash register policies and proper cash management practices are followed by shift team. * Assist manager and lead supervisor with daily and weekly payroll reporting as needed * Complete weekly food ordering to ensure proper product availability * Adjust food pars as needed in order to meet demand and maintain proper inventory * Assist managers in maintaining quality levels through monthly quality assurance surveys * Assist with successful roll-outs of new products * Control waste logs daily or as needed to track food spoilage * Assist with conducting Rex and Rap sessions with associates. * Complete inventory and ensures proper inventory levels of food, beverage, paper, glassware and silverware are maintained. Submit and approve requisitions as needed. * Submit daily/weekly tips and other payroll related reports as needed. * Conduct and participate in daily, weekly, monthly meetings as required. * Practice safety standards at all times and keeps the property safe for guests and fellow associates. * Ensure security and confidentiality of all guests, hotel information and materials * Follow METS guidelines to report equipment malfunction and maintenance issues. * Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Loss Prevention/Management. * Know and live the mission and the White Lodging/brand basics. * Ensure County/City/State Department and Starbucks’ health code standards are consistently met
* Communicates effectively * Conflict Management * Team Building * Customer Service * Adaptability * Organization/Planning * Resourceful * Judgment decision making
* Ability to direct the work of others * Ability to learn quickly * Effective oral communication skills * Strong interpersonal skills * Ability to learn and use technical equipment (e.g. espresso machine) * Ability to build relationships * Ability to provide quality customer service * Willingness to maintain a clean, healthy and safe working environment * Ability to process information/merchandise through computer system and MICROS register system * Ability to reconcile all cash and currency
* High Scholl Diploma/GED * One (1) year of experience in a position that required constant interacting with and fulfilling the requests of customers * At least one (1) year of experience delegating tasks to other employees and/or coordinating the tasks of two (2) or more employees
* Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear * Frequently required to use hand to finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms. * Regularly required to lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds * Must be able to adjust vision to both day and night lighting, and able to focus on distant and close-range objects * Regularly required to handle food and hot beverages
Location Code: 2590
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!