* Effectively manages supplies and equipment inventories within budget.
* Ensures all associates have the proper supplies, equipment, and uniforms.
* Helps to ensures all spa equipment is in good condition and receives regular maintenance, e.g., steamers, electronic massage and facial tables, soaking tubs, pedicure chairs, magnifying mirrors, towel cabbies, nail dryers, UV sterilizers, etc.
* Maintains cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
* Evaluates new products and product enhancements to remain competitive in the market.
* Supports and supervises associate incentive programs for upselling and retail commission programming.
* Ensures service charges (based on house sales) are properly distributed to associates.
* Ensures the spa areas are safe and secure for both guests and associates.
* Understands and complies with all loss prevention policies and procedures.Guest Satisfaction
* Sets a positive example for guest relations.
* Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
* Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service. Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters.
* Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
* Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates. Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans
* Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvementHuman Resources
* Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of spa associate team members with the appropriate skills.
* Supports a departmental orientation program for associates to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job. Ensures associates are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
* Uses all available on the job training tools for associates; supervises on-going training initiatives and conducts training when appropriate.
* Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
* Participates in the associate performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
* Actively solicits associate feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns. Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
* Participates in associate progressive discipline procedures. Ensures hotel policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to White Lodging policies and procedures..
* Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening with associates to create awareness of business objectives and communicates expectations, recognizes performance, and produces desired results.
* Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members; ensures associate recognition is taking place on all shiftsFinancial Management
* Comprehends budgets, operating statements, and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
* Adjusts staffing and services to meet customer demand and budget expectations.
* Manages the department’s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
* Helps to ensure cash control policies are in place and followed by all spa team members.
* Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall hotel financial goals and objectives
* Effective Decision Making
* Extensive knowledge of spa services and operating procedures
* Extensive knowledge of luxury spa products including skin care lines, nail care, massage oils, and spa/fitness clothing
* Retail merchandising skills
* Knowledge of related sanitation requirements
* Understanding of spa equipment and routine maintenance needs
* Knowledge of local, state, and national licensing requirements for establishment and providers
* Financial management skills e.g., ability to understand P&L statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting and capital expenditure planning
* Knowledge of overall hotel operations
* Ability to effectively manage labor productivity
* Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
* Effective conflict management skills
* Strong customer and associate relation skills
* Good training/facilitator skills
* Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies and equipment
* Knowledge of governmental regulations and safety standards (OSHA, EPA, ADA, CFC, NFPA)
* Experience at a freestanding spa, resort or health facility
* High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree preferred