* Adheres to policies, and delivers all responsibilities in accordance with Spa by JW brand standards. Helps to train new Curators and coaches and mentors team to meet high guest service standards.
* Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, in accordance to White Lodging standards.
* Develops and maintains accurate department maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
* Completes all closing checklists and closing processes at the end of day
* Makes and oversees Cabana reservations maximizing sales opportunities.
* Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies and/or products, when applicable.
* Is knowledgeable about the Spa, its amenities, the hotel and Austin in order to effectively communicate with guests.
* Greets each and every guest with a smile, using direct eye contact and JW’s 15/5 rule.
* Goes the extra mile for guests by offering to make reservations, find directions, and gather hotel information.
* Uses time efficiently throughout shift by checking equipment, locker rooms, gift shop stocks, inventory, etc. Ensures there is adequate coverage when it is necessary to leave the Spa area.
* Helps ensure the Spa is only accessed by actual guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
* Informs co-worker(s) of pertinent information at the end of the shift. Maintains and updates staff communication book.
* Makes reservations for spa services and ensures that information is accurate and communicated timely to all stakeholders.
* Receives payments for treatment, good and services and properly accounts for the money. Reconciles daily sales, deposits and receipts, if applicable.
* Assists staff with lifting, storing and movement of furniture and products to maintain the facility and prepare for special events.
* Communicates with all guests in a warm, friendly, courteous and professional manner.
* Helps to monitor and maintain an accurate count of inventory (robes, foot wear, towels etc.) and ensure there is stock on hand for guests entering the Spa.
* Judgment/Decision Making
* Stress Management
* Customer Focus
* Team Player
* Communications - Oral & Written
* Team Building
* Inspiring "Followership"
* Conflict Management
* Customer service experience; preferably in Spa environment
* Excellent customer service skills and work ethic
* Professional manner, discretion and appearance
* Excellent verbal and written skills with strong telephone etiquette
* Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
* Strong team player
* High School Diploma or Equivalent; College degree preferred but not required
* Customer service experience, preferably in Spa environment
* Previous cash handling experience
* The Spa Supervisor must interact with guests, Spa Curators and Spa Attendants throughout their shift, therefore communication skills are required including speaking, listening and writing. Additionally, significant standing and walking is required throughout their shift. The totality of tasks can require standing and walking for extended periods of time (up to 7-8 hours).
* Additionally, this position requires bending, lifting, stooping, squatting, reaching, overhead lifting, pushing, and pulling of up to 25 lbs. on a regular basis.
* This position often requires the ability to perform multiple tasks and transactions in a very fast paced environment, and react to changes within that environment; therefore memory and prioritizing skills are essential and used throughout the day. Problem solving and interpersonal skills are required in this position to handle interactions between team members, and to assist in solving issues which arise through the shift.