* Protects the confidentiality of information in and around the hotel.
* Proactively recruits by-Maintaining communication with managers regarding open positions.-Working with the Admin Assistant to ensure those openings are communicated within the hotel, around WLS, and to local organizations including schools and community groups.-Placing advertising in appropriate newspapers including but not limited to the Indy Star, Hispanic Newspapers, the Employment Sources, and Church bulletins.-Placing radio advertising.-Creating and distributing recruiting flyers, with HR Admin. Assistance.-Ensuring MCMS and WLS management postings are correct.-Ensuring Monster.com listings are correct.
* Ensures pre-screening is done on applicants and qualified candidates are forwarded to the department managers for follow-up.
* Remains knowledgeable of openings at other Indianapolis White Lodging hotels and refers qualified candidates.
* Works with HR Admin to complete reference checks on applicants. Ensures reference checks are complete prior to hiring. Works to determine when a job offer should be rescinded due to poor references. Follows legally prudent procedures in communicating with applicants.
* Ensures proper hiring procedures are followed with all applicants. This should include timely responses, adequate numbers of interviews, PDP, drug screening, and reference checks.
* Conducts weekly orientations with all new hires. Ensures new hire paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
* Works with HR Admin to ensure associate files are up-to-date and contain all necessary documentation.
* Works with payroll person to resolve pay issues.
* Has working knowledge of Lawson and Kronos.
* Oversees the editing and publication of the quarterly newsletter.
* Ensures coaching and counseling procedures used throughout the hotel are legal, high quality, and follow company guidelines. Holds managers accountable for completing coaching and counseling correctly.
* Advises managers on terminations. Ensures all possible terminations are handled legally and properly. Participates in coaching, counseling, and termination sessions as needed.
* Ensures benefits policies and procedures are communicated to all associates.
* Conducts exit interviews and logs information. Follows up with second exit interview 6 weeks after separation.
* Works with payroll specialist to compile turnover information and issues monthly reports by department and by total hotel on turnover reasons and timing. Studies turnover and makes recommendations on ways to decrease turnover.
* Ensures temporary workers receive the proper orientation. To ensure high quality service, the HR Manager will also assist operations managers in screening and training temporary labor.
* Communicates computer needs to the hotel’s Systems Manager. Ensures computer files are accurately saved and secure.
* Ensures compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). This includes:-Ensuring screening procedures are legal.-Working with applicants and managers in making reasonable accommodations.-Advising managers on proper work practices related to ADA.-Maintaining a log of reasonable accommodations the hotel has made for current and past associates.
* Ensures compliance with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). This includes:-Advising managers and associates on their rights and responsibilities under the FMLA.-Holding managers and associates accountable for following guidelines of FMLA.-Ensuring proper paperwork is complete.
* Works with the Director of Loss Prevention on safety inspections and follow-up.
* Works with corporate in responding to EEO, Unemployment Claims, and Workers Compensation Claims.
* Advises hotel managers on correct HR procedures and holds them accountable for following those procedures.
* Responds in a timely manner to requests for information related to unemployment insurance hearings. Attends hearings to represent the best interests of the company.
* Approves invoices for payment and maintains accurate checkbook accounting.
* Works with HR Admin in planning and executing celebration events for associate birthdays and service anniversaries.
* Other duties as assigned by management.