* Provide leadership for project management team with respect to all aspects of project delivery - planning, schedule management, procurement strategy, process development, tracking, reporting, file management, and communications (internal and external to department and WLS);
* Oversee and manage design process from design RFP through final closeout and ADA certification and Final Completion, including change management and adoption of changes to the design (both Owner and Brand);
* Manage all processes related to the design and construction of the project, including WL Purchasing team design reviews, product selection and procurement processes, architect and sub consultants, third party consultants including ADA and peer reviewers, solicitation and implementation of WL Operations input and feedback, and preconstruction services with contractors and preferred vendors;
* Liaise with WL Procurement team regarding delivery of all Owner Furnished items - Required-On-Job (ROJ) logs, material quantity takeoffs, rough-in documentation, submittal review and approval, incorporation of alternate product specifications, and MEP rough-in diagrams, submissions, approvals and installations (including changes);
* Centralized resource for communications and project data for key project metrics - develop and maintain live database for key project attributes (GBA, site area, height, # of keys, types of keys, parking facility information, building construction attributes, pools, fitness centers, amenity spaces, meeting space, bar and food service areas, etc.)
* Develop and maintain standardized templates and provide review, approval and management of RFQs and RFPs (design and construction), construction contracts, and cost management reporting
* Manage the bid and selection process for design and construction, including review of Contractor’s qualifications, competency and suitability for each project;
* Develop and review project schedules for design and construction;
* Coordinate procurement strategy for projects and develop a project- specific Responsibility Matrix (WL Procurement/Contractor/WL direct);
* Manage, monitor and ensure accountability of all contractors, WL procurement team, WL project managers, design consultants, and third party consultants to respective contract scopes, schedules, schedule milestones, and standards of quality/accuracy;
* Responsible for cost tracking, management and reporting - provide periodic summary information on budget, cost estimates and projections, and schedule projections;
* Provide support for and troubleshooting of construction issues both during construction and post-opening, develop recovery/mitigation plans as appropriate;
* Develop training program for PMs and APMs
* Closely monitor and adhere to all brand standards/submittals/approvals, etc. on a timely basis.
* Cause and insure "best value" practices are incorporated into projects.
* Build and maintain strong relationships with brands, ownership contacts, consultants and operations.
* Work closely with Director of Development and consultants on site/project due diligence and required city permits and approval.
* Monitor pay applications/work with accounting to verify vendors are paid in a timely manner.