* Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission and the White Lodging/brand basics. Understand the Hotel Improvement Plan and White Lodging Way
* Supervise Loss Prevention Officers and ensure that all associates are following their schedule.
* Assign specific duties to staff for efficient operation of department.
* Oversee department and complete schedule in absence of Director of Loss Prevention.
* Order and complete inventory.
* Ensure that all associates have proper supplies, equipment, and uniform.
* Capable of performing all hourly functions and operating all equipment in department.
* Assist in training new associates and cross training existing associates according to the Certification Program.
* Assist in interviewing and hiring new associates for the department.
* Resolve routine associate issues as needed and bring issues to the attention of the Director of Loss Prevention and Human Resources as necessary. Make recommendations to manager in accordance with progressive discipline policy.
* Train associates on safety standards and enforce those standards on a consistent basis.
* Identify associates engaging in unsafe behaviors and retrain them appropriately.
* Complete accident investigations and take steps to prevent future accidents. Follow up with injured associates and guests.
* Know hotel fire procedures and serve as assistant Emergency Response Team Chief in the event of the Director's absence. Know location and use of fire extinguishers.
* Promote teamwork and associate morale. Treat people with respect.
* Recognize associate successes via the White Lodging Recognition Program.
* Communicate properly and effectively with the guests, associates, and managers. Effectively respond to guest concerns and complaints.
* Conduct daily preshift meeting. Perform uniform inspection prior to opening shift and make necessary corrections immediately.
* Represent department at staff meetings as required.
* Know laws concerning treatment of trespassers.
* Demonstrate knowledge of EEO policy, Fair Employment Practices and Fair Labor Standards Act. Promote a harassment-free work environment.
* Supervise all shift activity, including patrolling and dispatching. Ensure completion of reports, logs, and files for the shift.
* Respond to all pages and radio calls immediately.
* Know when to contact Local Police Department for assistance with security related incidents.
* Pass on any pertinent information/assigned duties to the next shift.
* Maintain effective verbal and written communication with all hotel managers, associates, and guests.
* Ensure compliance with hotel and security SOP/LSOP.
* Observe and report any security breaches in a timely fashion.
* Conduct daily physical hazard inspections of all hotel areas and complete daily patrols to include all hotel and conference center floors, corridors, and exterior of the building.
* Identify and report hazards and ensure corrective measures are taken (i.e. use wet floor signs as needed, use personal protective equipment, complete all written shift reports)
* Be familiar with hotel guestroom and hard lock system and understand the importance of key control for effective Loss Prevention measures.
* Ensure that all associate accidents/incidents receive immediate and professional First Aid Treatment by the Loss Prevention Department. Determine if associate requires additional medical treatment and call ambulance if necessary.
* Enforce "no smoking" policy where applicable.
* Review Emergency Response Manual periodically and recommend necessary updates.
* Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information and material.
* Ensure associated practice energy conservation at all times.
* Notify manager/AYS of maintenance issues.
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area in accordance with hotel standards.
* Attend work on time as scheduled and adhere to attendance policy.
* Participate in daily preshift.
* Utilize property Service Recovery/Defect Tracking processes.
* Wear uniform, including nametag at all times in accordance with the Standards of Appearance.
* Maintain knowledge of hotel property, hotel staff, hotel services, hotel service hours of operation and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants).
* Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company. This includes, but is not limited to, those contained in the Associate Orientation Handbook and the red Emergency Response Procedures Manual.
* Follow proper key control procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned.