Location: Le Meridien Denver Downtown
Officer will be responsible for promoting a safe environment for guests and associates of the hotel, assisting in maintaining order, enforcing internal rules and regulations, and investigating and reporting incidents involving the loss of property, theft, personal injury, motor vehicle accident, etc. that may result in claims against the hotel. Provide escorts for associates and guests.
* Report and documents any unsafe working practices or conditions, and recommend corrective action
* Monitor, document, and report suspicious activity observed on security cameras
* Identify visitors at associate entrance, issue and collect passes in accordance with procedures
* Control and account for all keys, especially keys to critical areas
* Conduct investigations of all incidents of theft, fraud, violence, property damage, personal injury, unlawful entry, trespassing and any other event that creates a disturbance on the premises or which may result in a claim against the organization. Create a detailed written report of your investigation.
* Observe persons on premises who abuse hotel facilities, intrude into restricted areas, disturb or intrude upon the privacy of guests. Initiate action to remove such individual(s) from the premises
* Thorough knowledge of hotel’s emergency fire, bomb threat, first aid, and tornado procedures and evacuation plan
* Maintain a detailed log book and activity sheet entries
* Log in items and secure items for lost and found
* Generate associate identification cards
* Other duties as assigned by management
* Knowledge of CCTV operations
* CPR and first aid certified or willingness to be certified once hired
* Basic computer skills of the Microsoft Office Suite
* Fluent in English (spoken and written)
* Ability to create a legible activity/incident/investigative report
* Capable of communicate with tact and professionalism when speaking to groups of people
* Previous hotel experience
* A majority of the shift is spent on foot patrol, walking, climbing stairs of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks.
* The position requires constant walking and standing. Frequent bending, head turning, reaching, handling and grasping.
* Must be able to lift and carry up to 45 lbs. Pushing and pulling an average of 40 lbs
FULL TIME BENEFIT OVERVIEW
* Medical, Dental, and Vision
* Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Vacation and Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Complimentary and Discounted Rooms
Compensation starts $19.00 per hour based on experience