* Perform basic alterations and tailoring, i.e. hemming, taking in a waistband, shortening a sleeve.
* Perform basic garment repairs including basic repairs of hotel linen and other fabrics/upholsteries.
* Maintain neat, orderly, and organized uniform supply area.
* Perform uniform inventory. Notify department heads of uniform shortages and ensure orders are completed.
* Maintain necessary supplies to perform the seamstress role, including thread, scissors, thimble, French chalk, pins, needles, tape measure, buttons, etc.
* Provide excellent service to internal guests (Associates)
* Use residential-style washer and dryer to maintain the cleanliness of uniforms that have returned from a departing associate before placing those uniforms back into inventory.
* Perform basic ironing and steaming of garments and uniforms.
* Log and account for dry cleaning sent out for associates. Properly issue dry cleaning when proper payment has been verified.
* Track and issue uniforms.
* Use proper tickets and tags to track garments.
* Stay organized at all times.
* Use residential-style and industrial sewing machines, scissors, blind stitch machine, embroidery machine, and a steamer and/or iron to repair garments and other fabric.
* Properly care for and perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
* Keep work area clean and organized.
* Perform cleaning tasks including emptying trash, dusting, sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming.
* Provide excellent service, both face-to-face and over the phone.
* Properly communicate with members of the hotel staff.
* Maintain adequate regular hours of the seamstress shop