The In Room Dining (IRD) Server is responsible for the stocking, set-up, delivery of all food and beverage orders and property amenities to guest rooms and hospitality suites within the hotel while ensuring quality service (hot food hot/cold food cold) which enables exceptional customer service. Servers will also be responsible (along with a captain) for the training of new associates. Once items are consumed by the guests, the In Room Dining Server retrieves all used plates, silverware and glassware from guest room floors; returning them back to the dish area for sanitation.
* Know the location of all guest and meeting rooms within the hotel.
* Know and execute appropriate set up of all menu and beverage items based on brand standards for delivery to guestroom.
* Monitor delivery times to ensure that we are meeting guest expectations and brand standards on timely execution of IRD meals.
* Review the ticket to ensure that the order is set with the correct amount of silver, napkins, condiments and beverages.
* Confirm guests name and room number to ensure delivery is to the correct room.
* Knowledge of all menu and beverage items and pricing and demonstrate ability to speak to guests with authority; stay current with any daily specials.
* Ensure that all items going to the guest rooms meet temperature guidelines (hot food hot/cold food cold).
* Be familiar with and accurately use of all Point of Sale/Micros systems and ensure flawless execution of all cash handling responsibilities. Be certain guest understands that service charge/ delivery charge has already been added to the check.
* Follow brand specific scripting when knocking on the door, greeting the guest, entering the room, and sequence the delivery and set up of items according to brand standards. Use guest name throughout the conversation.
* Present guest check for method of payment and ensure everything meets the guests’ satisfaction before exiting the room.
* Listen for and respond to all customer needs, issues, comments and/or problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance repeat business. Report all important information shared by guest to supervisor/managers attention immediately. Utilize all Service Recovery/Defect Tracking processes.
* Deliver all hotel and VIP amenities to the guest room and hospitality suites in alignment with Event Orders and ensure appropriate placement of items within the guest room.
* Be knowledgeable of all services provided within the hotel and hours of operation. Keep current on events within the hotel and/or city in order to inform guests of important activities.
* Understand and comply with all state liquor laws. Exercise judgment in serving liquor in order to protect the individual and the hotel. Report any concerns immediately to supervisory/management’s attention.
* Utilize IRD carts appropriately and ensure carts are in safe working condition.
* Practice and execute all White Lodging Way standards.
* Conduct all side work during and at the conclusion of shift to help prepare current and upcoming shifts for business volume and execution.
* Assist the captains and manager with training of new hires (if selected to be the departmental trainer.)
* Conduct floor sweeps to retrieve all food and beverage trays from the floors according to brand standard timeframes and create a neat, orderly and sanitary appearance on the guest room floors.
* Adhere to all grooming and uniform standard to present professional and tidy appearance. Name tag and brand insignia (if appropriate) are required to be worn during work time.
* White Lodging Pledge Card and if applicable brand standards card must be carried during all working time.
* Report any shortage of food, beverage, equipment, and/or supplies to supervisory or management attention for restocking.
* Clean and breakdown trays in the dish area being careful for spills and any broken items.
* Participate in daily pre-shift meetings
* Ensure all alcohol service, food safety and certification licenses are current and are remained up to date at all times. Follow all food sanitation practices.
* Follow all security, information protection and confidentiality practices to protect both guest and associate information.
* Notify management of all maintenance issues witnessed within the hotel and/or put in a Maintenance Request Order (MRO) for repair.
* Report all unsafe conditions and/or suspicious activity to management and/or Loss Prevention.
* Practice Safety Standards at all times, and keep the property safe for guests and fellow associates. Know the location, and how to us fire extinguishers for the appropriate fire. Use wet floor signs whenever correcting spills on the floor, and remember to remove them after the floor dries so they don’t pose a tripping hazard. Use personal protection equipment as needed (example: cut glove when cutting limes/lemons for side work).
* Ensure all time is recorded on the time clock by punching in and out for work and meal breaks. Report any missed punches immediately to management and remember to report all additional tips for payroll purposes. Approve time at the end of the pay period.
* Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies and safety procedures established by White Lodging. This includes, but is not limited to those contained in the Associate Handbook, Emergency Response Procedures Manual, and all Safety Training (Chemical Training, Blood borne Pathogens, Emergency Procedures, etc.)
* Follow proper key control procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
* Team Player
* Customer Focus
* Oral Communication
* Stress Management
* Judgment and Decision Making
* Must have the ability to effectively read, write and communicate in English with guests in the hotel.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Mathematical skills are required to manage transactions and balance out work correctly at shift end.
* Must have both food handler and alcohol certification
* Minimum one year in customer facing position providing direct customer service; preferably in the hospitality industry.
* Demonstrate stable work history.
* High School or GED preferred
In Room Dining Servers must interact with guests and kitchen throughout their shift, therefore communication skills are required including speaking, listening and writing. Additionally, significant standing and walking is required in the delivery of food and beverage items throughout the hotel. The totality of tasks can require standing and walking for extended periods of time (up to -7 -8 hours).
Items must be transported from the kitchen area to IRD, and then to the guest rooms, so ability to grasp small and large items including plates, glasses, silverware, and lift trays with food are part of the daily activities in this role. Additionally, this position requires bending, lifting, stooping, squatting, reaching, overhead lifting, pushing, pulling and lifting of up to 35 lbs. on a regular basis is required to perform this role.
This position often requires the ability to perform multiple tasks and transactions in a very fast paced environment, and react to changes within that environment; therefore memory and prioritizing skills are essential and used throughout the day. IRD Servers additionally are required to use deductive reasoning and math knowledge in order to use reports to balance all guest tickets, cash and charged income to balance all monies at the end of shift.
FULL TIME BENEFIT OVERVIEW
* Medical, Dental, and Vision
* Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Vacation and Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Complimentary and Discounted Rooms