* Assist with training and act as a resource for all newly hired In Room Dining Servers to ensure that all brand standards and White Lodging processes are embedded in new associates.
* Assist in problem resolution occurring within the shift and in the absence of the IRD Manager.
* Assist in auditing performance of other IRD servers to ensure that proper tray set up, and scripting is followed to brand standards.
* Monitor and assist in tray pick up on floors to ensure that trays are retrieved and returned to the kitchen for appropriate sanitation and floor appeal for our guests.
* Know the location of all guest and meeting rooms within the hotel.
* Know and execute appropriate set up of all menu and beverage items based on brand standards for delivery to guestroom.
* Monitor delivery times to ensure that we are meeting guest expectations and brand standards on timely execution of IRD meals.
* Review the ticket to ensure that the order is set with the correct amount of silver, napkins, condiments and beverages.
* Confirm guests name and room number to ensure delivery is to the correct room.
* Knowledge of all menu and beverage items and pricing and demonstrate ability to speak to guests with authority; stay current with any daily specials.
* Ensure that all items going to the guest rooms meet temperature guidelines (hot food hot/cold food cold).
* Be familiar with and accurately use of all Point of Sale/Micros systems and ensure flawless execution of all cash handling responsibilities. Be certain guest understands that service charge/ delivery charge has already been added to the check.
* Ensure that brand specific scripting is occurring when knocking on the door, greeting the guest, entering the room, and sequence the delivery and set up of items according to brand standards. Ensure IRD team uses guest name throughout the conversation.
* Present guest check for method of payment and ensure everything meets the guests’ satisfaction before exiting the room.
* Listen for and respond to all customer needs, issues, comments and/or problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance repeat business. Report all important information shared by guest to IRD Manager’s attention immediately. Ensure that IRD team is utilizing all Service Recovery/Defect Tracking processes.
* Ensure that all hotel and VIP amenities are delivered to the guest room and hospitality suites in alignment with Event Orders and ensure appropriate placement of items within the guest room.
* Be knowledgeable of, and ensure that IRD team is aware of all services provided within the hotel and hours of operation. Keep current on events within the hotel and/or city and inform IRD team in order to inform guests of important activities which might be of interest.
* Understand and comply with all state liquor laws. Exercise judgment in serving liquor and ensure the IRD team is following appropriate protocol in order to protect the individual and the hotel. Report any concerns immediately to management’s attention.
* Utilize IRD carts appropriately and ensure carts are in safe working condition.
* Practice and execute all White Lodging Way standards.
* Ensure all side work is conducted at the conclusion of shift to help prepare current and upcoming shifts for business volume and execution.
* Conduct floor sweeps to ensure all food and beverage trays are retrieved from the floors according to brand standard timeframes and create a neat, orderly and sanitary appearance on the guest room floors.
* Ensure that all grooming and uniform standards are adhered to and that the IRD team presents a professional and tidy appearance. Name tag and brand insignia (if appropriate) are required to be worn during work time.
* Ensure the IRD team carries White Lodging Pledge Card and if applicable brand standards card during all working time.
* Report any shortage of food, beverage, equipment, and/or supplies to management’s attention for restocking.
* Conduct monthly alcohol, supply, and uniform inventories.
* Ensure that all trays are broken down in the dish area and train staff to be careful for spills and any broken items. Ensure all safety measures are being followed.
* Lead and/or participate in daily pre-shift meetings
* Ensure all alcohol service, food safety and certification licenses are current for the IRD team and are remained up to date at all times. Ensure the team is following all food sanitation practices.
* Ensure all security, information protection and confidentiality practices are followed to protect both guest and associate information.
* Notify management of all maintenance issues witnessed within the hotel and/or put in a Maintenance Request Order (MRO) for repair.
* Report all unsafe conditions and/or suspicious activity to management and/or Loss Prevention.
* Practice and ensure that all Safety Standards are followed at all times, and keep the property safe for guests and fellow associates. Train and inform the team to know the location, and how to us fire extinguishers for the appropriate fire. Ensure wet floor signs are used whenever correcting spills on the floor, and follow up to ensure they are removed after the floor dries so they don’t pose a tripping hazard. Use personal protection equipment as needed (example: cut glove when cutting limes/lemons for side work).
* Ensure all time is recorded on the time clock by punching in and out for work and meal breaks. Report any missed punches immediately to management and remember to report all additional tips for payroll purposes. Approve time at the end of the pay period.
* Ensure that the IRD team adheres to all work rules during shift and those procedures, policies and safety procedures are followed as established by White Lodging. This includes, but is not limited to those contained in the Associate Handbook, Emergency Response Procedures Manual, and all Safety Training (Chemical Training, Blood borne Pathogens, Emergency Procedures, etc.)
* Ensure the IRD team follows proper key control procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
* Team Player
* Customer Focus
* Oral Communication
* Stress Management
* Judgment and Decision Making
* Team Building
* Conceptual Ability
* Conceptual Ability
* Must have the ability to effectively read, write and communicate in English with guests in the hotel.
* Mathematical skills are required to manage transactions and balance out work correctly at shift end.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Ability to lead, develop and train others.
* Strong problem solving and resourcefulness required
* Must have both food handler and alcohol certification
* Minimum one year in customer facing position providing direct customer service; preferably in the hospitality industry.
* One year supervisory experience is preferred
* Demonstrate stable work history.
* High School or GED preferredWORKING CONDITIONSIn Room Dining Captains must interact with guests, IRD Servers and kitchen throughout their shift, therefore communication skills are required including speaking, listening and writing. Additionally, significant standing and walking is required in the delivery of food and beverage items throughout the hotel. The totality of tasks can require standing and walking for extended periods of time (up to -7 -8 hours).Items must be transported from the kitchen area to IRD, and then to the guest rooms, so ability to grasp small and large items including plates, glasses, silverware, and lift trays with food are part of the daily activities in this role. Additionally, this position requires bending, lifting, stooping, squatting, reaching, overhead lifting, pushing, pulling and lifting of up to 35 lbs. on a regular basis is required to perform this role. This position often requires the ability to perform multiple tasks and transactions in a very fast paced environment, and react to changes within that environment; therefore memory and prioritizing skills are essential and used throughout the day. IRD Servers additionally are required to use deductive reasoning and math knowledge in order to use reports to balance all guest tickets, cash and charged income to balance all monies at the end of shift. Problem solving and interpersonal skills are required in this position to handle interactions between team members, and to assist in solving issues which arise through the shift.
FULL TIME BENEFIT OVERVIEW
* Medical, Dental, and Vision
* Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Vacation and Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Complimentary and Discounted Rooms