* Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission and the White Lodging/brand basics. Understand the White Lodging Way.
* Assist Front Desk leaders with credit report and follow-up.
* Ensure proper handling of airline contract rooms (where applicable).
* Set up, process and finalize room blocking.
* Prepare Express Check-ins.
* Check trace file for arriving groups.
* Interact with Sales Managers regarding the proper handling of their groups.
* Interact with Housekeeping regarding VIP arrivals and expediting rooms.
* Run necessary reports for shift.
* Set up mailbox arrivals.
* Check and verify reasons for all rooms out of service for maintenance.
* Always answer telephone within three rings with a smile and answer calls using good listening and communications skills to secure the information necessary to ensure the guest has an excellent stay.
* Check house count and establish selling position with shift manager; keep current throughout shift.
* Pre-block special requests, packages, VIP, Frequent Stay suites, and members (Marriott Rewards, Hyatt Passport, Hilton Honors, etc.).
* Ensure all guaranteed room types and special requests are met.
* Prepare coupons and other amenities for guests on special package rates.
* Follow correct check-in/check-out procedures for all guests.
* Ensure resume information is correct and set up correctly in PMS.
* Be able to properly operate and explain TDD operation for guests.
* When applicable, take same day reservations at desk. Know cancellation policies and walk procedures.
* Ensure that all pre-registration and key packeting needs are met.
* Ensure that the requirements for daily check lists are met.
* Process and research Guaranteed No-Shows related to groups. Advise member of the Front Office leadership team how to handle such no-shows. Inform sales/event management of no shows.
* Handle special event booking as assigned by management, including blocking, deposits, and tracking procedures.
* Reinforce the suite booking process.
* Communicate information accurately.
* Have knowledge of room locations, types, building layout, and hours of operations.
* Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information and material.
* Report maintenance issues.
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area in accordance with hotel standards. Complete daily/weekly cleaning schedule.
* Participate in daily preshift.
* Utilize property Service Recovery/Defect Tracking processes.
* Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Loss Prevention/Management.
* Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow associates. Use wet floor signs as needed. Use personal protective equipment.
* Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, associates and managers. Effectively respond to guest complaints.
* Promote teamwork and associate morale.
* Maintain knowledge of hotel property, hotel staff, hotel services, hotel service hours of operation, and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants).
* Follow proper key control procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned