* Judgement/Decision Making
* Analysis Skills
* Team Player
* Strong problem solving skills
* Attention to detail
* Organization Skills
* Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English in order to converse with vendors and other associates and managers within the hotel.
* Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, with ever changing priorities; ability to remain calm and collected
* Must be able to perform arithmetic calculations
* Proficient in Windows Office, Microsoft Office, and POS systems
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence and policy and procedures for departmental efficiency
* High School Diploma / GED Preferred
* 2 years purchasing/receiving experience
* Food Handler Certification
* Working knowledge of the hotel/restaurant industry preferredWORKING CONDITIONS
* Purchasing/Receiving Supervisor must interact with subordinates, Kitchen personnel and leadership and subordinates within other departments therefore communication skills are required including speaking, listening and writing. Additionally, significant standing and walking is required in the movement of food and beverage items throughout the hotel and receiving and storing of same items prior to transport to other areas. The totality of tasks can require standing and walking for extended periods of time (up to -5-7 hours).
* Items must be received, sorted, stacked and moved so manual dexterity and fine motor skills are required to grasp small and large items are required in this position. Typing and use of keyboard and computer equipment is a requirement within this role. Additionally, this position requires bending, lifting, stooping, squatting, reaching, overhead lifting, pushing, pulling and lifting of up to 70 lbs. on a regular basis is required to perform this role.
* This position often requires the ability to perform multiple tasks and transactions in a very fast paced environment, and react to changes within that environment; therefore, memory and prioritizing skills are essential and used throughout the day. Purchasing/Receiving Supervisor additionally is required to use deductive reasoning and math knowledge in order to use and balance multiple types of reports including inventory, reconciliation and hours reports (to name a few).
* Problem solving and interpersonal skills are required in this position to handle interactions between team members, and to assist in solving issues which arise through the shift.
* Vision is required in order to supervise the intake of items, date, label, store and manage the distribution of items throughout the hotel. Creation of, and management of reports and data entry are required in this role.