* Supervise all purchasing, receiving, and storage functions for all Food and beverage products.
* Maintain a 95% compliance with the Avendra program
* Assist with month end inventories in recording, capturing, and inputting of correct data
* Communicate clearly with the Accounting team in order to achieve a problem-free month end process
* Is fluent and proficient in the use, creation, and execution (by being the lead) with the Clearsky software for day to day operation and long term training of new leaders and associates
* Ensure proper use of property mandated use of ordering and receiving tool and platforms (i.e. Clearsky, Report Safe, Ascend)
* Administer established and future policies and procedures for coordinating the requisition of food, beverage, and other materials from departments around the hotel. Accurately record request for order and billing purposes to other departments.
* Periodically review PAR’s to ensure it remains accurate for the needs for the hotel. Keep the team focused on PAR’s for commonly used items within Food and Beverage so necessary supplies are available when in demand.
* Ensure reconciliation of book to actual products in storage. Resolve all discrepancies, keeping accurate records of shrinkage and conduct root cause analysis for problem resolution and implement policies and procedures to eliminate reoccurrence.
* Ensure policies are created and enforced to manage storage areas in a safe, clean, and orderly manner
* Attend and report relevant information at weekly F&B Meeting and Wage Meeting. Take minutes and send to appropriate parties.
* Organize and record monthly communication meetings for Purchasing team. Report to appropriate parties.
* Develop, recommend, and implement improvements in processes to promote efficiency and faster service with lower costs
* Coordinate the training and submission of paperwork for monthly H&S Trainings as set forth by the Director of Loss prevention
* Ensure all Purchasing and Receiving clerks work in a safe & secure manner, and in accordance with all safety policies and procedures. Enforce safe work procedures involving materials handling, lifting, and using carts, fork lifts, etc.
* Conduct daily stand up meetings, recognizing important topics important to the team, and recognize team and personal achievement of the staff
* Complete and timely follow through on associate training, communication, and development. Rex/Raps, Reviews, PCI Compliance, certification, Safe Food Handlers cards, etc.
* Generate production reports and inventory transaction updates to keep Executive Chef and Director of Food and Beverage knowledgeable of receiving/purchasing performance
* Manage invoices in Report Safe to ensure all are up to date and current
* Monitor slow moving and obsolete inventory and make recommendations for disposal and conduct frequent stock checks
* Communicate and complete MRO’s as required
* Ensure appropriate distribution of costs when items are ordered in bulk and should be allocated across departmental lines
* Manage vendor relationships and assist in building effective partnerships, serve as the primary point of contact for food and beverage vendors, oversee various procurement contracts for services, and ensure contract/vendor relationships support the success of the hotel
* Develop and grow the team to take on additional roles within the hotel/company as part of our continued growth strategyCOMPETENCIES