Assist the overall operations of the Purchasing and Receiving areas. To streamline and create effective duties to ordering, procurement, planning, and quality assurance of all food and beverage needs in the hotel. This includes processes and checklists in the ordering, delivery, storage, accounting, rotation, and inventory of all items specific to food and beverage, and any additional requests made from other departments within the hotel. This position is highly supportive for the rotation and security of all items to keep shrinkage & loss to a minimum.
* Supervise all purchasing, receiving, and storage functions for all Food and beverage products.
* Maintain a 95% compliance with the Avendra program
* Assist with month end inventories in recording, capturing, and inputting of correct data
* Communicate clearly with the Accounting team in order to achieve a problem-free month end process
* Is fluent and proficient in the use, creation, and execution (by being the lead) with the Clearsky software for day to day operation and long term training of new leaders and associates
* Ensure proper use of property mandated use of ordering and receiving tool and platforms (i.e. Clearsky, Report Safe, Ascend)
* Administer established and future policies and procedures for coordinating the requisition of food, beverage, and other materials from departments around the hotel. Accurately record request for order and billing purposes to other departments.
* Periodically review PAR’s to ensure it remains accurate for the needs for the hotel. Keep the team focused on PAR’s for commonly used items within Food and Beverage so necessary supplies are available when in demand.
* Ensure reconciliation of book to actual products in storage. Resolve all discrepancies, keeping accurate records of shrinkage and conduct root cause analysis for problem resolution and implement policies and procedures to eliminate reoccurrence.
* Ensure policies are created and enforced to manage storage areas in a safe, clean, and orderly manner
* Attend and report relevant information at weekly F&B Meeting and Wage Meeting. Take minutes and send to appropriate parties.
* Organize and record monthly communication meetings for Purchasing team. Report to appropriate parties.
* Develop, recommend, and implement improvements in processes to promote efficiency and faster service with lower costs
* Coordinate the training and submission of paperwork for monthly H&S Trainings as set forth by the Director of Loss prevention
* Ensure all Purchasing and Receiving clerks work in a safe & secure manner, and in accordance with all safety policies and procedures. Enforce safe work procedures involving materials handling, lifting, and using carts, fork lifts, etc.
* Conduct daily stand up meetings, recognizing important topics important to the team, and recognize team and personal achievement of the staff
* Complete and timely follow through on associate training, communication, and development. Rex/Raps, Reviews, PCI Compliance, certification, Safe Food Handlers cards, etc.
* Generate production reports and inventory transaction updates to keep Executive Chef and Director of Food and Beverage knowledgeable of receiving/purchasing performance
* Manage invoices in Report Safe to ensure all are up to date and current
* Monitor slow moving and obsolete inventory and make recommendations for disposal and conduct frequent stock checks
* Communicate and complete MRO’s as required
* Ensure appropriate distribution of costs when items are ordered in bulk and should be allocated across departmental lines
* Manage vendor relationships and assist in building effective partnerships, serve as the primary point of contact for food and beverage vendors, oversee various procurement contracts for services, and ensure contract/vendor relationships support the success of the hotel
* Develop and grow the team to take on additional roles within the hotel/company as part of our continued growth strategy
* Judgement/Decision Making
* Analysis Skills
* Team Builder
* Strategic Skills
* Customer Focus
* Goal Setting
* Inspiring Followership
* Conceptual Ability
* Communication - Oral and Written
* Strong problem solving skills
* Attention to detail
* Organization Skills
* Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English in order to converse with vendors and other associates and managers within the hotel
* Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, with ever changing priorities
* Ability to remain calm and collected
* Must be able to perform arithmetic calculations
* Proficient in Windows Office, Microsoft Office, and POS systems
* Proficient in Clearsky Operating system and tools to maximize efficiencies and controls
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy and procedures for departmental efficiency
* Time management and prioritization skills
* Interpersonal skills using tact, discretion, and courtesy to work effectively with diverse internal and external customers to earn others trust and respect through consistent honesty, professionalism, and ethical integrity in all interactions
* High School Diploma/GED College degree preferred
* Food Handler Certification
* 1+ Years of purchasing/receiving experience an asset
* Supervisory Experience an asset
* Working knowledge of the hotel/restaurant industry preferred
* Significant walking is required in the movement throughout the hotel to other areas. The totality of tasks can require standing, sitting, and walking for extended periods of time (up to 8-10 hours).
* Vision is required in order to supervise the intake of items, reports, invoices, and requisitions, and to manage the distribution of items throughout the hotel.
FULL TIME BENEFIT OVERVIEW
* Medical, Dental, and Vision
* Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Vacation and Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Complimentary and Discounted Rooms