* Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission and the White Lodging/brand basics. Understand the White Lodging Way.
* Supervise staff. Complete schedule. Oversee staffing levels and make adjustments to ensure service levels are met within labor model. Ensure that all associates are following their schedule and taking their breaks.
* Monitor business levels and the department schedule three days out. Make adjustments to staffing levels as needed.
* Assign specific duties to staff for efficient operation of department.
* Order and complete inventory.
* Ensure that all associates have proper supplies, equipment and uniform.
* Be capable of performing all hourly functions and operating all equipment in department.
* Assist in training new associates and cross-training existing associates according to the Certification Program.
* Assist in interviewing and hiring new associates for the department.
* Resolve routine associate issues as needed and bring issues to the attention of the Department Manager and HR as necessary. Make recommendations to manager in accordance with progressive discipline policy.
* Train associates on safety standards and enforce those standards on a consistent basis. Identify associates engaging in unsafe behaviors and retrain them appropriately. Follow up with injured associates.
* Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow associates. Use wet floor signs as required. Use personal protective equipment.
* Promote teamwork and associate morale. Treat people with respect.
* Recognize associate successes via the White Lodging Recognition Program.
* Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, associates and managers. Effectively respond to guest complaints. .
* Conduct daily preshift meeting. Perform uniform inspection prior to opening shift and make necessary corrections immediately.
* Conduct monthly or quarterly departmental meetings.
* Represent department at staff meetings as required.
* Know laws concerning treatment of trespassers.
* Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures and ensure staff responds appropriately in the event of an emergency. Assist Emergency Response Team as necessary. Know location of fire extinguishers.
* Demonstrate knowledge of EEO policy, Fair Employment Practices and Fair Labor Standards Act. Promote a harassment-free work environment.
* Attend to each call in a timely, courteous and efficient manner, using correct telephone etiquette.
* Dispatch appropriate personnel to satisfy guest requests and resolve guest issues. Enter all guest issues into Guestware.
* Maintain a daily special/86 item board and communicate daily with Chef and Room Service Manager.
* Maintain a daily log of all calls. Input information into computer system to include:-Guest name, room number and folio number-Service request or issue-Time of call-Agent name-Action taken/resolution-Follow up information, including final status
* Print and distribute reports per SOP.
* Able to take in-room dining/service orders.
* Maintain knowledge of hotel property, hotel staff, hotel services, hotel service hours of operation, and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants).
* Maintain and be familiar with a directory of information that contains, but is not limited to, the following, so guest requests and questions can be answered:-Local hotels, addresses, telephone and fax numbers-Airlines-Car rentals-Taxi and limousine services-Money exchanges-Banks and automated teller machines (ATMs)-Local restaurants, hours, type of food, price-Local attractions, hours, prices-Houses of worship, hours of services-Shopping facilities
* Maintain communication board to communicate with staff any outstanding issues, supply shortages, etc.
* Maintain a pass-on log for the next shift, noting any services that are pending to ensure follow up.
* Post all correspondence for the department; ensure that correspondence is read and initialed by Agents.
* Utilizing all available resources, follow up on previous shift requests and pending issues.
* Handle all emergencies according to emergency procedures manual.
* Reports all unsafe conditions and equipment immediately.
* Operate and/or explain TDD operation for guests.
* Follow all procedures as outlined in the "At Your Service/Delighted to Serve You" certification handbook, as well as all other appropriate White Lodging policies and procedures
* Ensure that all problems and failures of the telephone equipment are properly and immediately reported to telephone repairs.
* Handle emergencies and keep all emergency numbers and policies readily available.
* Keep AYS Agents informed of any changes made in management or hotel policies and procedures.
* Maintain an up-to-date list of management telephone numbers.
* Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information and material.
* Practice energy conservation at all times.
* Notify manager of maintenance issues.
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area in accordance with hotel standards. Complete daily/weekly cleaning schedule.
* Attend work on time as scheduled and adhere to attendance policy.
* Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Loss Prevention/Management.
* Utilize property Service Recovery/Defect Tracking processes.
* Wear uniform, including nametag at all times in accordance with the Standards of Appearance.
* Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company. This includes, but is not limited to those contained in the Associate Orientation Handbook and the red Emergency Response Procedures Manual. Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
* Follow proper key control procedures
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.