* Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission and the White Lodging/brand basics. Understand the White Lodging Way.
* Always answer the telephone within three rings with a smile and answer questions accordingly or transfer as needed.
* Attend to each call in a timely, courteous, and efficient manner, using correct telephone etiquette.
* Dispatch appropriate personnel to satisfy guest requests and resolve guest issues. Enter all guest issues into the hotel’s guest request and defect tracking system.
* Maintain a daily log of all calls. Input information into computer system to include:-Guest name, room number and folio number-Service request or issue-Time of call-Agent name-Action taken/resolution-Follow up information, including final status
* Take in-room dining orders.
* Demonstrate menu knowledge to be able to:-Describe the menu item including ingredients, cooking method, and how it is served-Ask applicable questions to customize the dish to the customer (i.e. rare, medium-rare, type of toast, etc.)-Suggestively upsell-Offer alternatives if the guest’s desired item isn’t available-Pair drinks with foods.
* Property enter in-room dining orders into the Point of Sale system.
* Print and distribute reports per SOP.
* Follow up on all room service deliveries after delivery time to ensure guest satisfaction.
* Maintain communications board to communicate any outstanding issues, supply shortages, etc.
* Maintain and be familiar with a directory of information that contains, but is not limited to, the following, so guest requests and questions can be answered:-Local hotels, addresses, telephone and fax numbers-Airlines-Car rentals-Taxi and limousine services-Money exchanges-Banks and automated teller machines (ATMs)-Local restaurants, hours, type of food, price-Local attractions, hours, prices-Houses of worship, hours of services-Shopping facilities
* Maintain a pass-on log for the next shift, noting any services that are pending to ensure follow up.
* Read and initial log book daily.
* Utilize all available resources, follow up on previous shift requests and pending issues.
* Handle all emergencies according to emergency procedures manual. Keep all emergency numbers and policies readily accessible.
* Report all unsafe conditions and equipment immediately.
* Operate and/or explain TDD operation for guests.
* Follow all procedures as outlined in the "At Your Service/Delighted to Serve" certification handbook, as well as all other appropriate WLS policies and procedures.
* Understand and utilize Service Recovery/Defect processes.
* Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information and material.
* Practice energy conservation at all times.
* Record maintenance issues in computer system.
* Proficient in point-of-sale system/MICROS.
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area in accordance with hotel standards. Complete daily/weekly cleaning schedule.
* Attend work on time as scheduled and adhere to attendance policy.
* Participate in daily preshift.
* Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Loss Prevention/Management.
* Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow associates. Use wet floor signs as required. Use personal protective equipment.
* Wear uniform, including nametag at all times in accordance with the Standards of Appearance.
* Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, associates and managers. Effectively respond to guest complaints
* Promote teamwork and associate morale.
* Maintain knowledge of hotel property, hotel staff, hotel services, hotel service hours of operation, and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants).
* Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company. This includes, but is not limited to those contained in the Associate Orientation Handbook and the red Emergency Response Procedures Manual. Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures. Complete Chemical Training and Blood borne Pathogen Training.
* Follow proper key control procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.