* Know and live the mission of White Lodging & Brand commitments.
* Ensure quality product in the Pastry area. Set up station properly and on time for each service period. Complete side work and closing duties.
* Produce all baked items needed to operate the food and beverage outlets including various breads, Danish, croissants, brioche rolls etc. and ensure it reaches the correct venue on time.
* Check all food products before serving to ascertain that appearance, temperature and portions are correct. Make sure that all plates and platters are correctly garnished and according to use record / EO. Consistently spot check food to ensure that food served meets quality assurance standards.
* Communicate any problems/issues to the Pastry Chef/Supervisor for resolution.
* Follow WLD Procedure (Wrap, Label, Date) all food products and return to designated areas avoiding spoilage/loss. Practice FIFO (first in, first out) on all products. Utilize cooler products that are WLD first before opening new products.
* Work with Pastry Chef, Supervisors, Outlet Managers, Executive Chef(s) as necessary to ensure excellent guest service.
* Ensure that all plate presentation is professional, and appealing to the eye.
* Control waste, loss and usage per SOP. Assist in executing any plans and actions to reduce loss and improve food cost.
* Complete food waste logs daily or as needed
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area, in accordance with hotel and food and beverage standards. Ensure that food sanitation practices are followed. Become and maintain certification in sanitation and food handling as required by the State.
* Comply with the 30 Essentials of Food Quality and Safety Standards.
* Know and adhere to all local, city, county and state health codes.
* Adhere to standard recipes and use recipe cards.
* Operate a variety of kitchen equipment to weigh, measure, mix, wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain and knead food stuffs for cooking.
* Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
* Notify the Pastry Chef/Supervisor of any maintenance issues immediately.
* Ensure security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information and materials.
* Practice energy conservation.
* Attend work on time as scheduled and adhere to the hotel attendance policy.
* Participate in daily pre-shift meetings.
* Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Loss Prevention.
* Practice safety standards at all times, and keep the property safe for guests and fellow associates. Practice safe knife handling skills and wear appropriate protective equipment. Use PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) including cut-resistant gloves, and slip resistant shoes as well as plastic gloves to prevent food born illness. Know the location and use of all fire extinguishers. Use wet floor signs as required and sweep up broken glass putting it only in the appropriate receptacle for removal.
* Promote teamwork and positive associate morale.
* Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company. This includes but is not limited to those contained in the Associate Handbook, and Emergency Response Procedure Manual. Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures. Complete all Safety Training.
* Perform all other duties as assigned by management.