* Provide accurate report of operations for the two departments responsible for, as requested.
* Able to carry out supervisory duties for any department under the Operations Manager (i.e. Front Desk, F&B, Housekeeping, etc.)
* Review occupancy forecast to ensure staffing schedule is appropriate for the next three days.
* Run the Perfect Shift.
* Property log maintenance requests, guest requests, and guest complaints.
* Develop a thorough knowledge of hotel staff, room locations room rates, amenities and selling strategies.
* Handle safe deposits by guests per established procedures.
* Keep lobby and desk area clean and presentable.
* Have a thorough knowledge of emergency and security procedures.
* Know how to clean guestrooms to standards.
* Open and close shift, make cash drops.
* Ensure all credit cards, cash and change funds are balanced throughout each shift.
* Inform management of any guests or systems-related complaints or problems.
* Communicate with incoming staff and management by logging pertinent information in the pass on log and conducting shift change meeting.
* Properly communicate and log all maintenance needs.
* Properly communicate and log lost and found inquiries.
* Must wear proper uniform and nametag at all times in accordance with the Standards of Appearance.
* Prepare daily deposits, comparing deposited monies to funds reported at desk, and resolve any discrepancies.
* Complete weekly department scheduling based on forecasted occupancy due on each Wednesday of the week.
* Must be able to cover any call-off shift as per proper chain of command.
* Supervise all Food and Beverage department team members (servers, culinary, bartenders, bus attendants and other F&B service support) verifying that their workstations are stocked, neat and orderly.
* Monitor cleanliness of work tables/area and walls of the appliances and equipment. Use designated and approved chemicals to ensure sanitary standards.
* Ensure all staff members have completed certification requirements for the two departments for which responsibility is assigned.
* Interview applicants. Recommend job offers. Facilitate orientation and train new associates. Conduct ongoing training to increase job knowledge and skill level.
* Complete administrative duties, which include inventory, scheduling, payroll, etc
* Properly open and close shift, make cash drops in accordance with proper cash handling procedures.
* Coach, counsel, and train the associates to ensure that all work is handled correctly, and participate in disciplinary activities, when necessary. Present termination recommendations when deemed appropriate in accordance with published procedures and policies.
* Ensure all equipment is maintained in accordance with service standards.
* Promote teamwork and associate morale. Schedules REX, RAPS and associate meetings.
* Work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
* Job Knowledge
* Quality of Work
* Quantity of Work
* Organization Skills
* Guest Focus/Customer Service
* Judgment/Problem Solving
* If responsible for F&B, become certified in Sanitation and Food Handling as required by state.
* Minimum 2 year college degree or equivalent work experience required.
* Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 10 lbs. regularly.
* Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 50 lbs. occasionally with assistance.
* Follow proper moving and lifting procedures identified in Departmental Orientation Handbook.
* Regularly required to stand; sit; walk; reach; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk and hear.
FULL TIME BENEFIT OVERVIEW
* Medical, Dental, and Vision
* Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Vacation and Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Complimentary and Discounted Rooms