* Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission, White Lodging Service Pledge, and the Brand’s service strategy. Understand the White Lodging Way.
* Night Auditors are to complete all Guest Service Representative functions, in addition to accurately recording all revenue and statistics, completing daily and Housekeeping reports, and segmenting room and house reports to proper markets.
* Always answer telephone within three rings with a smile and answer questions accordingly or transfer as needed.
* Respond to all pages/radio calls immediately.
* Responsible and accountable for issued bank. Count bank at beginning and end of shift.
* Report all cash over/shorts to management. Comply with hotel and department accounting procedures. Consistently follow all cash handling procedures
* Open and close shift correctly. Make cash drops in accordance with proper cash handling procedures.
* Complete basic mathematical calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
* Ability to read, analyze, interpret and effectively explain items such as common reports, guest folios and emergency procedures.
* Audit guest accounts to ensure that room rate and coding is correct and consistent.
* Audit house accounts. Audit group accounts to ensure that postings to these accounts are in accordance with the sales contract.
* Post room and tax to all active guest accounts.
* Run all computer reports to complete gross revenue report worksheets.
* Input gross revenue report figures. Complete the gross revenue reports in a timely manner.
* Communicate and work as a team with other departments as needed
* Handle guest mail, messages, faxes and safe deposit boxes following established procedures. Essential Functions, Cont.
* Ensure all credit cards, cash, and change fund are balanced throughout each shift.
* Develop a thorough knowledge of hotel room locations, room rates, amenities, selling strategies, discounts and frequent guest program benefits.
* Refer guests to hotel outlets to maximize hotel revenue. Connect guest to local attractions and services
* Verify and safeguard the Front Desk bank.
* Retrieve guest packages from shipping department.
* Communicate with incoming staff and management by recording information on pre-shift board.
* Inform management of any guest or system-related problems.
* Print the guest folios for express checkout and ensure that they are being placed under the guest’s door at the appropriate time.
* Organize the Front Desk area so that the A.M. Front Desk staff can properly prepare for their shift.
* Report problems regarding finances, the audit, guest relations and security promptly to the appropriate manager or General Manager.
* Reconcile daily gift shop revenue and print applicable reports.
* Restock gift shop as necessary.
* Able to operate hotel van if applicable.
?? Protect the hotel’s assets.
* Forward Lost & Found inquiries to Housekeeping/Loss Prevention Department.
* Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information and material.
* Practice energy conservation at all times.
* Notify manager/AYS of maintenance issues.
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area in accordance with hotel standards. Complete daily/weekly cleaning schedule.
* Attend work on time as scheduled and adhere to attendance policy.
* Participate in daily preshift.
* Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Loss Prevention/Management.
* Know and utilize the Service Recovery/Defect Tracking processes. Input defects into computer system and resolve guest issues.
* Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow associates. Use wet floor signs as required. Use personal protective equipment.
* Wear uniform, including nametag at all times in accordance with the Standards of Appearance.
* Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, associates and managers. Effectively respond to guest complaints.
* Promote teamwork and associate engagement.
* Maintain knowledge of hotel property, hotel staff, hotel services, hotel service hours of operation, and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants).
* Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company. This includes, but is not limited to those contained in the Associate Orientation Handbook and the red Emergency Response Procedures Manual. Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures. Complete Chemical Training and Blood borne Pathogen Training.
* Follow proper key control procedures.
* Work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
* Perform other duties as assigned.