* Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission, White Lodging Service Pledge, and the Brand’s service strategy. Understand the White Lodging Way.
* Supervise Night Audit Staff. Oversee staffing levels and make adjustments to ensure service levels are met within labor model. Ensure that all associates are following their schedule and taking their breaks.
* Work with Security or other hotel associates in maintaining calm and order in the hotel.
* Provide leadership to overnight housekeeping associates.
* Communicate with incoming shift.
* Complete spreadsheets.
* Assign specific duties to staff for efficient operation of department.
* Oversee department in absence of Department Manager.
* Ensure that all associates have proper supplies, equipment and uniform.
* Capable of performing all hourly functions and operating all equipment in department.
* Assist in training new associates and cross-training existing associates according to the Certification Program.
* Assist in interviewing and hiring new associates for the department.
* Resolve routine associate issues as needed and bring issues to the attention of the Department Manager and Human Resources as necessary. Make recommendations to manager in accordance with progressive discipline policy.
* Train associates on safety standards and enforce those standards on a consistent basis.
* Identify associates engaging in unsafe behaviors and retrain them appropriately. Complete accident investigations and take steps to prevent future accidents. Follow up with injured associates.
* Use wet floor signs as required. Use personal protective equipment. D Promote teamwork and associate morale. Treat people with respect. D Recognize associate successes via the WLS Recognition Program.
* Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, associates and managers. Effectively respond to guest complaints.
* Conduct daily preshift meeting. Perform uniform inspection prior to opening shift and make necessary corrections immediately.
* Represent department at staff meetings as required.
* Know laws concerning treatment of trespassers
* Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures and ensure staff responds appropriately in the event of an emergency. Assist Emergency Response Team as necessary. Know location of fire extinguishers.
* Demonstrate knowledge of EEO policy, Fair Employment Practices and Fair Labor Standards Act. Promote a harassment-free work environment.
* Always answer the telephone within three rings with a smile and answer questions accordingly or transfer as needed.
* Respond to pages and radio calls immediately.
* Complete basic mathematical calculations including adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing...
* Responsible and accountable for issued bank. Count bank at beginning and end of shift. Report all over/shorts to management. Comply with all hotel and department accounting procedures.
* Audit guest checks for pricing and sales tax errors.
* Prepare the gross revenue report for all hotel managers.
* Ensure that trail is in balance by the close of each shift.
* Prepare a summation of all house charges and all credit card vouchers accepted by the hotel. The aggregate total is reconciled with the trail balance.
* Determine the correct cash figure based on micros reports minus corrections and adding machine tape of the drop sheet.
* Verify that all food & beverage figures have been accounted for by cash, charge, or corrections.
* Prepare the daily food & beverage sales summary and distribute to management.
* Prepare over/short report for accounting and restaurant.
* Protect confidential information.
* Post all late charges and all guest check corrections to guest folios for 3:00 AM express check- outs.
* Act as the manager on duty for the third shift, if applicable.
* Balance credit cards daily.
* Must be able to operate hotel van, if applicable.
* Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information and material.
* Practice energy conservation at all times.
* Notify manager/AYS of maintenance issues.
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area in accordance with hotel standards. Complete daily/weekly cleaning schedule.
* Attend work on time as scheduled and adhere to attendance policy.
* Utilize property Service Recovery/Defect Tracking processes. Input defects into computer system.
* Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Loss Prevention/Management.
* Wear uniform, including nametag at all times in accordance with the Standards of Appearance.
* Maintain knowledge of hotel property, hotel staff, hotel services, hotel service hours of operation, and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants).
* Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company. This includes, but is not limited to those contained in the Associate Orientation Handbook and the red Emergency Response Procedures Manual. Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures. Complete Chemical Training and Blood borne Pathogen Training.
* Follow proper key control procedures
* Work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
* Perform other duties as assigned.