* Works collaboratively with the Brand’s National Sales, Convention Bureaus, Conventions Centers and other hotel counterparts to drive revenue, ensure customer satisfaction and increase market share.
* Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (Market Sales, Strategic Accounts and Third Parties) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
* Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers, industry organizations and Marriott brand’s network to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM Familiarization trips, trade shows, etc.
* Proactively develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
* Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
* Targets group accounts, markets or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation.
* Develops and implements an effective sales plan.
* Executes designated sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve revenue goals.
* Identifies, qualifies and solicits new accounts with a focus on increasing business. Strives to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals.
* Closes the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and hotel needs.
* Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
* Maintains and grows business of existing accounts.
* Identifies and develops new markets.
* Designs, develops and sells creative catered events.
* Manages group or interpersonal conflicts effectively.
* Effectively maintains customer, account and opportunity data the appropriate sales and catering management system.
* Effectively uses sales resources and administrative/support staff.
* Conducts site inspections and creates hotel contracts as needed.