What You'll Do
* The Maintenance Technician will ensure the hotel’s maintenance and upkeep standards meet WL, Brand, and Guest standards.
* Make structural repairs to masonry, woodwork and furnishings; patch or replace plaster/plasterboard; paint walls and ceilings; trim, cut and lay flooring (linoleum, tile, carpet, etc.).
* Check fixtures, lighting, and signs for proper operation; maintain an adequate supply of spare parts and light bulbs.
* Respond and complete maintenance work orders in a timely manner.
* Keep all work areas (shop and guestrooms) neat and orderly.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring
* Along with the normal carpentry, plumbing, and painting duties, the Maintenance Technician must be capable of operating hand and power tools.
* Certified Pool Operator or able to be certified within six months.
* Must possess a valid driver’s license.
* Basic working knowledge of general maintenance and HV/AC, we provide extensive training, but prior experience is a plus.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Minimal technical experience and prior working experience needed, but 1-2 years between schooling and field experience in hotels/facilities maintenance is preferred.
* The ability to lift, carry or otherwise move up to 10 lbs. regularly and 25 lbs. occasionally, as well as the ability to stand and move for long periods of time.