* Oversee department in the absence of department manager. Assist in supervising associates; maintaining a friendly, efficient, and appealing environment for associates and customers.
* Assist in the selection, orientation and training of new associates, and reinforce a successful performance by providing respectful and encouraging coaching. Provides feedback to manager on performance during shift.
* Oversee staffing levels and makes adjustments to ensure service levels are met within labor models. Ensure associates are following their schedule.
* Ensure associates have knowledge of menu content and menu prices. Demonstrate suggestive and up-selling techniques when interacting with guest.
* Ensure associates accurately complete daily checklists, and organizes opening and closing duties as assigned.
* Contribute to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance, resolves routine associate issues and communicates them to the manager.
* Train associates on safety standards and enforce those standards on a consistent basis. Develops positive relationships with associates by understanding and addressing individual motivations, needs and concerns.
* Ensure all operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security are followed, to ensure the safety of all associates during shift.
* Ensure cash management and cash register policies and proper cash management practices are followed by shift team.
* Assist with conducting Rex and Rap sessions with associates.
* Complete inventory and ensures proper inventory levels of food, beverage, paper, glassware and silverware are maintained. Submit and approve requisitions as needed.
* Submit daily/weekly tips and other payroll related reports as needed.
* Conduct and participate in daily, weekly, monthly meetings as required.
* Practice safety standards at all times and keeps the property safe for guests and fellow associates.
* Ensure security and confidentiality of all guests, hotel information and materials
* Follow METS guidelines to report equipment malfunction and maintenance issues.
* Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Loss Prevention/Management.
* Know and live the mission and the White Lodging/brand basics.
* Ensure County/City/State Department and Starbucks’ health code standards are consistently met.
* Complete weekly schedule to ensure proper coverage
* Complete weekly frozen food orders to ensure proper product availability
* Adjust food pars as needed to meet demands
* Assist manager in maintaining quality levels through monthly quality assurance surveys
* Assist with successful roll-out of new products
* Participate in monthly meetings with district manager
* Assist manager and participate in interviews
* In absence of manager, issue proper documentation for violation of attendance policy