The term "Lead" indicates additional training responsibilities, as well as leading the daily duties assigned to other associates within the team.The Bartender serves food and beverage to restaurant guests in a timely fashion ensuring excellent service and guest satisfaction every time. Must be willing to I.D all guests and monitor beverage consumption of guests as to not overserve.
* Know and live the mission and the White Lodging/brand basics. * Complete all necessary set up, side work and closing duties as assigned * Check restaurant before, after and during shift for cleanliness and remove any debris * Maintain high cleaning standards of the bar and do daily cleaning and side work * Check bar glasses are free from cracks, chips and stains * Be knowledgeable of all menu items, their garnish, contents and preparation methods. Be prepared to answer any guest questions about the menu in a direct, concise way. * Know any daily features and specials the restaurant is offering * Use suggestive selling and up sell items to increase the check average of the restaurant * Take guest orders correctly, read the order back to the guest and ring orders correctly into Micros. Check screen before sending order to make sure any modifications to order are correct. * Check food presentation before taking the food from the kitchen to the guest. Hot food hot and fresh. * Check guest satisfaction with food quality within two bites * Make sure check is presented correctly, free from errors and in a timely manner. * To follow and comply with all WL cash handling policies and end of shift paperwork * To follow all WL policies of work procedures and attendance * Learn and maintain all information regarding the hotel and engage in pre-shift * Promote teamwork and friendly safe work environment * Any other reasonable duties required * Follow all AL standards of uniform * Know all the bar products on offer to the guest * To make conversation with guests and create a personal connection * To ensure guests are not overserved beverages if intoxicated * To be able to take out kegs. Fetch new keg and hook up. Heavy lifting kegs should be moved by 2 people
* Outgoing, sociable and personal * Eye for detail * Excellent oral and hearing skills * Passion for service * Positive can do attitude * Bar knowledge of products and bar operations * Strong team ethic
* Can handle high volume and work under pressure * Multitasking. * Reliability * Customer service skills * Organized * Teamwork * Flexible work schedule
* Previous restaurant or bar experience preferred but not essential * Previous customer service role preferred not essential
* Must be able to stand and move at fast pace for long periods of time * Must be able to work long hours when business needs require
FULL TIME BENEFIT OVERVIEW
* Medical, Dental, and Vision * Life Insurance * Employee Assistance Program (EAP) * 401(k) * Vacation and Paid Time Off (PTO) * Tuition Reimbursement * Complimentary and Discounted Rooms
Location Code: 4102
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!