* Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission, White Lodging service pledge, and the Brand’s service strategy. Understand the White Lodging Way.
* Supervise Laundry staff. Complete schedule. Oversee staffing levels and make adjustments to ensure service levels are met within labor model. Ensure that all associates are following their schedule and taking their breaks.
* Assign specific duties to staff for efficient operation of department.
* Oversee department in absence of Department Manager.
* Complete supply inventories and ordering.
* Oversee accurate linen inventory.
* Ensure that all associates have proper supplies, equipment and uniform including gloves and goggles.
* Capable of performing all hourly functions and operating all equipment in department.
* Assist in training new associates and cross-training existing associates according to the Certification Program.
* Assist in interviewing and hiring new associates for the department.
* Resolve routine associate issues as needed and bring issues to the attention of the Department Manager and Human Resources as necessary. Make recommendations to manager in accordance with progressive discipline policy.
* Train associates on safety standards and enforce those standards on a consistent basis.
* Ensure all associates are wearing gloves while sorting soiled linen. Identify associates engaging in unsafe behaviors and retrain them appropriately. Complete accident investigations and take steps to prevent future accidents. Follow up with injured associates.
* Follow proper use of appropriate chemicals and accurately label chemical containers. Always use gloves and goggles when handling chemicals. Complete Chemical Training and Blood borne Pathogen Training.
* Use wet floor signs as required.
* Promote teamwork and associate morale. Treat people with respect
* Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, associates and managers. Effectively respond to guest complaints.
* Recognize associate successes via the WLS Recognition Program.
* Conduct daily preshift meeting. Perform uniform inspection prior to opening shift and make necessary corrections immediately
* Represent department at staff meetings as required.
* Know laws concerning treatment of trespassers.
* Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures and ensure staff responds appropriately in the event of an emergency. Assist Emergency Response Team as necessary. Know location and use of fire extinguishers.
* Demonstrate knowledge of EEO policy, Fair Employment Practices and Fair Labor Standards Act. Promote a harassment-free work environment.
* Always answer the telephone within three rings with a smile and answer questions accordingly or transfer as needed.
* Instruct all workers in specific duties such as proper feed methods, fold methods, washer operations, and sorting duties.
* Aid in maintaining a clean and safe laundry. Assign cleaning duties at the end of each day or when production is finished. Check all safety devices. Be a leader in safety procedures.
* Analyze all discards of stained and torn linen to determine what linen may be salvaged.
* Keep accurate production records of wash loads and items produced.
* Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information and material.
* Practice energy conservation at all times.
* Notify manager of maintenance issues.
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area in accordance with hotel standards. Complete daily/weekly cleaning schedule.
* Attend work on time as scheduled and adhere to attendance policy.
* Utilize property Service Recovery/Defect Tracking processes.
* Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Loss Prevention/Management.
* Wear uniform, including nametag at all times in accordance with the Standards of Appearance.
* Maintain knowledge of hotel property, hotel staff, hotel services, hotel service hours of operation, and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants).
* Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company. This includes, but is not limited to those contained in the Associate Orientation Handbook and the red Emergency Response Procedures Manual.
* Follow proper key control procedures
* Work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
* Perform other duties as assigned.