LAUNCH Intern I
|Who We Are|
White Lodging offers paid, hourly Immersion program at the Union Club Hotel. Participants are assigned various hourly roles in the hotel to learn the responsibilities of that role and about how a hotel operates. The candidates chosen for this program are enrolled in the hotel and tourism management program at the university. You will experience learning through: online instruction, direct instruction from your mentor and others in the department as well as "On-The-Job" training. By the end of each stage, you should not only have a good working knowledge and accurate perception of the position and but also of White Lodging.Training: You will be assigned a mentor/trainer within your department and a comprehensive training program has been designed to take you through the training for your position as well as give you insight into the culture and philosophies of White Lodging.Hours: Hours and work days will vary depending on the hotel’s business needs. The minimum hour commitment is 16 hours a week.
|What You'll Do and What You'll Bring|
* Meet with department head to review requirements.
* Work with department head to develop training schedule that will accomplish the requirements of the program while also ensuring the participant provides valuable support to the hotel operation.
* Work with the department head to outline a meaningful project. Project should complement the participant’s learning in the hourly roles while meeting the goals of the program.
* Carry out the duties listed in the position descriptions for the roles in which he/she will be training.
* Use certification programs to become proficient in applicable hourly roles.
* Complete certification sign-offs to verify mastery of position skills and behaviors.
* Show initiative in completing the hourly training and the internship project.
* Schedule meetings with necessary hotel leaders to obtain information needed for training or internship project. Be considerate of each hotel leader’s time and allow enough time for the leader to balance meeting times with their other tasks. Don’t procrastinate in completing any task.
* Keep supervisor informed of any issues with training or progression through program.
* Keep the supervisor informed of progress in completing the project.
* Schedule project presentation with senior leaders of the hotel.
* Provide copy of finished project to a hotel discipline head.
|What You Can Look Forward To|
* Preference is for candidate to have experience in the hospitality industry
* Be able to be on your feet for up to 8 hours a shift when required.
* Be able to bend and squat multiple times per shift for the delivery of guest folios.
* Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 10 lbs. regularly.
* Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 50 lbs. occasionally with assistance.
* Follow proper moving and lifting procedures identified in Departmental Orientation Handbook.
* Regularly required to stand; sit; walk; reach; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk and hear.
Location Code: 5513
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Loading . . .
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 5513101H1146