* Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission and the White Lodging/brand basics. Understand the Hotel Improvement Plan.
* Ensure confidentiality of all information handled.
* Assist with reception duties including greeting and directing concerned associates.
* Knowledgeable of all benefits available to associates. Provide overview of benefits to new associates
* Prepare correspondence and memos as needed.
* Maintain associate files and ensure that filing is completed at the end of each week.
* Generate monthly Birthday list and send current associates' birthday cards.
* Assist with the Associate of the Month Program.
* Assist with the Associate Anniversary Awards Program.
* Assist with Credit Union concerns and withdrawal process.
* Assist associates with Credit Union applications and verify for correctness.
* Process all Educational Assistance Forms and maintain log.
* Interview job applicants.
* Coordinate all hotel employment advertising.
* Coordinate all other pre-selection activities, including drug testing, reference checks, IVR telephone screening, etc. to ensure compliance with all brand and corporate procedures.
* Set up second interviews between candidates and hiring managers.
* Process all transfer requests in the required time frame.
* Respond to all interviewed candidates via telephone or letter within the required time frame.
* Make non-management job offers as needed, schedule new hires for orientation and prepare necessary paperwork.
* Ensure all new hires and current associates possess proper employment eligibility verifications.
* Assist with Orientation.
* Instruct associates on completion of enrollment forms and audit for accuracy.
* Assist with paycheck inquiries.
* Assist with quarterly newsletter which includes compiling information, taking pictures as appropriate, typing and layout.
* Set up training courses and track attendance.
* Administer Leadership Development I & II.
* Maintain department checkbook.
* Organize associate/management outings.
* Participate in career fair and college recruiting.
* Administer Leave of Absence advance payments for insurance. Calculate and file copies for distribution to Corporate; track payment for receipt.
* Monitor Short Term disability for associates and follow up with Corporate.
* Administer OSHA, Workers Compensation, and Unemployment Claims Responsibilities for hotel.
* Empty the Director's out box to ensure that all correspondence is cleared each day.
* Inventory benefit supplies on a quarterly basis.
* Conduct program for associates celebrating 1 year anniversary. Reeducate on vacation benefits, 401K, and Educational Assistance.
* Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information and material.
* Practice energy conservation at all times.
* Notify manager/AYS of maintenance issues.
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area in accordance with hotel standards.
* Attend work on time as scheduled and adhere to attendance policy.
* Participate in daily preshift.
* Utilize property Service Recovery/Defect Tracking processes.
* Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Loss Prevention/Management.
* Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow associates. Use wet floor signs as required. Use personal protective equipment.
* Assist other department members as necessary.
* Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 10 lbs. regularly. Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 50 lbs occasionally with assistance. Follow proper moving and lifting procedures identified in Departmental Orientation Handbook. Regularly required to stand; sit; walk; reach; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk and hear.
* Must pass certification quiz/test for position.
* Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, associates and managers. Effectively respond to guest complaints.
* Promote teamwork and associate morale.
* Maintain knowledge of hotel property, hotel staff, hotel services, hotel service hours of operation and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants).
* Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company. This includes, but is not limited to those contained in the Associate Orientation Handbook and the red Emergency Response Procedures Manual. Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures. Complete Chemical Training and Blood borne Pathogen Training.
* Follow proper key control procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned.