* Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission and the White Lodging/brand basics. Understand the WL Way.
* Ensure the Front Desk team passes all brand standard audits.
* Run the "perfect shift" and ensure checklist items are complete.
* Ensure Front Desk staff deliver on brand standards.
* Supervise Front Desk staff. Oversee staffing levels and make adjustments to ensure service levels are met within labor model. Ensure that all associates are following their schedule and taking their breaks.
* Assign specific duties to staff for efficient operation of department.
* Oversee department in absence of Department Manager.
* Capable of performing all hourly functions and operating all equipment in department.
* Assist in training new associates and cross-training existing associates according to the Certification Program.
* Assist in interviewing and hiring new associates for the department.
* Resolve routine associate issues as needed and bring issues to the attention of the Department Manager and Human Resources as necessary. Make recommendations to manager in accordance with progressive discipline policy.
* Train associates on safety standards and enforce those standards on a consistent basis. Identify associates engaging in unsafe behaviors and retrain them appropriately. Complete accident investigations and take steps to prevent future accidents. Follow up with injured associates.
* Promote teamwork and associate engagement. Treat people with respect.
* Recognize associate successes via the White Lodging Recognition Program.
* Conduct daily preshift meeting. Perform uniform inspection prior to opening shift and make necessary corrections immediately.
* Represent department at staff meetings as required.
* Know laws concerning treatment of trespassers.
* Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures and ensure staff responds appropriately in the event of an emergency. Assist Emergency Response Team as necessary. Know location and use of fire extinguishers.
* Demonstrate knowledge of EEO policy, Fair Employment Practices and Fair Labor Standards Act. Promote a harassment-free work environment.
* Ability to read, analyze, interpret and effectively explain items such as common reports, guest folios and emergency procedures.
* Report all cash over/shorts to management. Comply with hotel and department accounting procedures including credit and check cashing policies and procedures.
* Verify the accuracy of the opening count.
* Maintain awareness of room availability for a week in advance.
* Know the selling policy for special events.
* Ensure the Front Desk staff abides by the special event sales strategy.
* Ensure all information pertinent to the desk or related areas is passed on to the following shift manager or personnel.
* Maintain knowledge of any and all promotions and/or current programs that would influence or affect the guest.
* Meet and greet arriving guests ensuring all Front Desk Staff provide excellent guest service.
* Ensure all equipment is maintained in accordance with service standards and that outages are reported and resolved in a timely manner.
* Ensure all credit policies are being followed and that the credit report is resolved daily. Ensure PCI compliance.
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area in accordance with hotel standards. Complete daily/weekly cleaning schedule.
* Cover night audit shift as necessary.
* Work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
* Prepare, set up, stock, take down, clean, and provide quality beverages and food products consistently for all guests by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Familiar with and knowledgeable of the operation of the POS system.
* Assist guests with food orders and serve food and beverage items to guests in a friendly, professional, and timely manner.
* Use suggestive selling techniques.
* Maintain a clean, organized environment for guests by clearing tables during service.
* Perform all duties on the position certification checklist.
* Give a warm and sincere greeting. Check the guest in and out efficiently and in a friendly manner. Use the guest’s name at least twice. Anticipate the guest’s needs and exceed their expectations. Give the guest a fond farewell/warm good-bye. Thank them and invite them back
* Always answer the telephone within three rings with a smile and answer questions accordingly or transfer as needed.
* Responsible for issued bank. Count bank at beginning and end of shift. Report all cash over/shorts to management. Comply with hotel and department accounting procedures.
* Open and close shift correctly. Make cash drops in accordance with proper cash handling procedures.
* Understand and consistently follow all cash handling procedures including the hotel credit and check cashing procedures.
* Ensure all credit cards and cash funds are balanced throughout each shift. Follow PCI Compliance.
* Complete guest and information privacy training.
* Handle guest mail, messages and safe deposit boxes per SOP.
* Offer and properly handle requests for wake-up calls and "do not disturb" requests.
* Effectively operate the hotel computer system or property management system upon certification and maintain a knowledge of the hotel reservation system.
* Develop a thorough knowledge of hotel staff, hotel services, hours of operation, room locations, room rates, amenities, hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants, and medical facilities).
* Monitor room availability, selling strategies, discounts and frequent guest program benefits
* Keep desk area clean. Understand that it is every associate’s responsibility to keep the hotel clean and in immaculate condition. Complete daily/weekly cleaning schedule.
* Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the Lobby and Entrance.
* Inform management of any guest or system-related issues.
* Read and initial log daily.
* Maintain proper key control.
* Forward Lost and Found inquiries to Loss Prevention.
* Follow brand check-in/check-out procedures for all guests.
* Assist with Sales and Marketing efforts as directed by management staff.
* Possess working knowledge of reservation procedures. Know cancellation and walk procedures
* Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information and material.
* Practice energy conservation at all times.
* Notify manager/PBX of maintenance issues.
* Utilize property Service Recovery/Defect Tracking processes.
* Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Loss Prevention/Management.
* Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow associates. Use wet floor signs as required. Use personal protective equipment.
* Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, associates, and managers. Effectively respond to and resolve guest complaints.
* Never give a key to a guest room out without verifying the requestor’s identity
* Never give connecting rooms without the express permission of both guests
* Never announce a guest’s room number
* Be knowledgeable of food and beverage menus
* Take food and beverage orders
* Ring F&B checks using point of sale terminals
* Present checks
* Ring payments
* Make alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
* Maintain cleanliness of F&B guest areas, back of house areas, bar areas, and kitchen areas
* Prepare specialty coffee drinks
* Prepare food according to recipes
* Stock the food cases and displays
* Maintain sanitary work area and work procedures
* Clean the kitchen and other F&B areas as needed
* Perform other duties as assigned