* Complete all Guest Service Representative functions, in addition to accurately recording all revenue and statistics, completing daily and Housekeeping reports, and segmenting room and house reports to proper markets.
* Always answer telephone within three rings with a smile and answer questions accordingly or transfer as needed.
* Respond to all pages/radio calls immediately.
* Open and close shift correctly. Make cash drops in accordance with proper cash handling procedures.
* Complete basic mathematical calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
* Ability to read, analyze, interpret and effectively explain items such as common reports, guest folios and emergency procedures.
* Audit guest accounts to ensure that room rate and coding is correct and consistent.
* Audit house accounts. Audit group accounts to ensure that postings to these accounts are in accordance with the sales contract.
* Post room and tax to all active guest accounts.
* Run all computer reports to complete gross revenue report worksheets.
* Input gross revenue report figures. Complete the gross revenue reports in a timely manner.
* Communicate and work as a team with other departments as needed
* Handle guest mail, messages, faxes and safe deposit boxes following established procedures.
* Refer guests to hotel outlets to maximize hotel revenue. Connect guest to local attractions and services
* Verify and safeguard the Front Desk bank.
* Retrieve guest packages from shipping department.
* Communicate with incoming staff and management by recording information on pre-shift board.
* Inform management of any guest or system-related problems.
* Print the guest folios for express checkout and ensure that they are being placed under the guest’s door at the appropriate time.
* Organize the Front Desk area so that the A.M. Front Desk staff can properly prepare for their shift.
* Report problems regarding finances, the audit, guest relations and security promptly to the appropriate manager or General Manager.
* Reconcile daily gift shop revenue and print applicable reports.
* Restock gift shop as necessary.
* Able to operate hotel van if applicable.
* Protect the hotel’s assets.
* Forward Lost & Found inquiries to Housekeeping/Loss Prevention Department.
* Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information and material.
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area in accordance with hotel standards. Complete daily/weekly cleaning schedule.
* Know and utilize the Service Recovery/Defect Tracking processes. Input defects into computer system and resolve guest issues.
* Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, associates and managers. Effectively respond to guest complaints.
* Promote teamwork and associate engagement.
* Work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
* Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission and the White Lodging Service Pledge and brand basics. Understand the WL Way.
* Prepare, set up, stock, take down, clean, and provide quality beverages and food products consistently for all guests by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Familiar with and knowledgeable of the operation of the POS system.
* Assist guests with food orders and serve food and beverage items to guests in a friendly, professional, and timely manner.
* Use suggestive selling techniques.
* Maintain a clean, organized environment for guests by clearing tables during service.
* Perform all duties on the position certification checklist.
* Give a warm and sincere greeting. Check the guest in and out efficiently and in a friendly manner. Use the guest’s name at least twice. Anticipate the guest’s needs and exceed their expectations. Give the guest a fond farewell/warm good-bye. Thank them and invite them back
* Responsible for issued bank. Count bank at beginning and end of shift. Report all cash over/shorts to management. Comply with hotel and department accounting procedures.
* Understand and consistently follow all cash handling procedures including the hotel credit and check cashing procedures.
* Ensure all credit cards and cash funds are balanced throughout each shift. Follow PCI Compliance.
* Complete guest and information privacy training.
* Offer and properly handle requests for wake-up calls and "do not disturb" requests.
* Effectively operate the hotel computer system or property management system upon certification.
* Develop a thorough knowledge of hotel staff, hotel services, hours of operation, room locations, room rates, amenities, and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants, and medical facilities).
* Monitor room availability, selling strategies, discounts and frequent guest program benefits
* Keep desk area clean. Understand that it is every associate’s responsibility to keep the hotel clean and in immaculate condition. Complete daily/weekly cleaning schedule.
* Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the Lobby and Entrance.
* Read and initial log daily.
* Maintain proper key control.
* Follow brand check-in/check-out procedures for all guests.
* Assist with Sales and Marketing efforts as directed by management staff.
* Possess working knowledge of reservation procedures. Know cancellation and walk procedures
* Notify manager/PBX of maintenance issues.
* Participate in daily preshift.
* Utilize property Service Recovery/Defect Tracking processes.
* Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Loss Prevention/Management.
* Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow associates. Use wet floor signs as required. Use personal protective equipment.
* Never give a key to a guest room out without verifying the requestor’s identity
* Never give connecting rooms without the express permission of both guests
* Never announce a guest’s room number
* Properly use chemicals and personal protective equipment
* Be knowledgeable of food and beverage menus
* Take food and beverage orders
* Ring F&B checks using point of sale terminals
* Present checks
* Ring payments
* Make alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
* Maintain cleanliness of F&B guest areas, back of house areas, bar areas, and kitchen areas
* Prepare specialty coffee drinks
* Prepare food according to recipes
* Stock the food cases and displays
* Maintain sanitary work area and work procedures
* Clean the kitchen and other F&B areas as needed
* Perform other duties as assigned