* Performs all duties at the Front Desk as necessary.
* Run the perfect shift, utilizing hourly checklists and the management checklist or calendar for success.
* Maintains cleanliness and organization.
* Maintains the hotel’s sundries or gift shop.
* Facilitates high-powered preshifts.
* Ensures daily procedures meet or exceed those audited in the brand standards audit, the WL internal audit, and the WL safety audit.
* Supervises all areas of the Front Office in the absence of the Front Office or Assistant Front Office Manager.
* Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
* Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
* Ensures department delivers brand service standards and lives the WL Service Pledge.
* Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed goals.
* Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control property occupancy.
* Supervises daily Front Desk shift operations and ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
* Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
* Takes immediate actions on problems that are encountered in the Hotel.
* Sets a positive example for guest relations.
* Interacts with customers to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
* Ensures employees understand customer service expectations and parameters.
* Models and coaches brand service standard and the White Lodging Service Pledge.
* Ensues the department follows appropriate service recovery mechanisms (Guestware, Star-Guest, Service Recovery Log).
* Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
* Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
* Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
* Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
* Facilitates departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Desk goals to produce desired results.
* Completes AES impact plan; remains current on Q12 results and creates an environment of maximum associate engagement.
* Has full knowledge and understanding of our company’s handbook, SOP’s and processes; adheres to and enforces those in a fair and consistent manner.
* Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures; ensures a "firm, fair, consistent" atmosphere.
* Participates and conducts Weekly Leadership Team meetings, property MOD program, and weekly staff meetings
* Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
* Brings issues concerning employee satisfaction to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources.
* Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
* Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
* Supports the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
* Maintains Kronos and payroll processing and tracking.
* Performs all ordering.
* Promotes teamwork and associate morale.
* Ensures staff receives timely and effective orientation certification training, rex, rap, and review.
* Completes accident investigations.
* Completes incident accident reports.
* Ensures all staff can perform roles in an emergency situation.Key Accountabilities
* GSS: Ensure goals are met for all guest service related measures.
* Selling Program
* Associate Relations: AES plans and actions implemented and measured.