* Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission and the White Lodging/brand basics. Understand the Hotel Improvement Plan.
* Supervise restaurant staff including Servers, Bussers and Room Service Servers. Oversee culinary operation.
* Assign specific duties to staff for efficient operation of restaurant.
* Ensure that all associates have proper supplies, equipment and uniform.
* Order and complete inventory and payroll as directed.
* Project par levels and determine freezer pull and line set up.
* Complete schedule. Ensure all associates are following their schedules and taking breaks.
* Assist in training new associates and cross-training existing associates according to Certification Program. Ensure that all restaurant staff members complete certification requirements.
* Assist in interviewing and hiring new associates for the department.
* Resolve routine associate issues as needed and bring issues to the attention of the General Manager as necessary. Make recommendations to the manager with regard to progressive discipline.
* Follow proper use of approved chemicals and accurately label chemical containers. Always use goggles and gloves when handling chemicals. Complete Chemical Training and Bloodborne Pathogen Training.
* Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures. Know location and use of fire extinguishers. Use wet floor signs as required.
* Train associates on safety standards and enforce those standards on a consistent basis.
* Identify associates engaging in unsafe behaviors and retrain them appropriately. Complete accident investigation and take steps to prevent future accidents. Follow up with injured
* Promote teamwork and associate morale. Treat people with respect.
* Utilize sequence of service and proper hotel specific scripting.
* Demonstrate suggestive and up-selling technique when interacting with the guest.
* Count rotating bank at the beginning and end of shifts and report all cash over/shorts to the manager.
* Comply with all hotel and department accounting procedures. Make cash drops in accordance with proper cash handling procedures.
* Recognize associate successes via the White Lodging Recognition Program.
* Ensure that all outlets open on time and in an orderly fashion.
* Always answer the telephone in three rings with a smile and answer questions accordingly or transfer as needed.
* Ensure food preparation and display food is eye appealing and replenished as needed.
* Review meeting room reservations and ensure food is ordered. Ensure proper set-up and server coverage.
* Able to operate the Point of Sale System/MICROS. Total and present bill when meal is complete. Accept payment and be able to return accurate change.
* Be knowledgeable of all menu items, their garnish, content and preparation methods. Be prepared to answer any question about the menu in a direct and concise way. Know the use records.
* Stay current on daily specials, new menu items and specifications including proper preparation methods.
* Take food order (as needed) and relay order to the kitchen for preparation. Serve the guest using proper established rules of etiquette for serving.
* Conduct daily preshift meetings. Perform uniform inspection prior to opening shift and make necessary corrections immediately.
* Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, associates and managers. Effectively respond to guest complaints.
* Ensure that all side work is completed and restaurant cleanliness meets standards prior to the end of shift and or allowing associate(s) to leave. Ensure food sanitation practices are followed. Become certified in Sanitation and Food Handling as required by state.
* Communicate with other departments and management by logging pertinent information in the pass-on log. Inform management of any guest complaints and explain how the complaint was resolved.
* Review open checks.
* Track and log voided transactions.
* Represent department at staff meetings as required.
* Empower associates to meet or exceed guest expectations.
* Control food waste, loss and usage per SOP. Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems. Complete food waste logs daily or as needed to track food spoilage, waste and any foods not cooked to standard.
* Follow WLD (Wrap, Label and Date) procedures for all food products and return to designated areas. Practice FIFO (first in first out) on all products. Utilize cooler products that are WLD first before opening new products.
* Use only NSF approved, stainless steel or food grade containers and lids for all food storage.
* Make arrangements with vendors and receive food/beverages.
* Work with General Manager to meet balanced scorecard goals.
* Assist in conducting REX/RAPS.
* Ensure security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information and materials.
* Practice energy conservation.
* Notify manager/Maintenance Department of maintenance issues and complete work orders as necessary.
* Complete all hourly functions in the department and operate all department equipment as needed.
* Attend work on time as scheduled and adhere to attendance policy.
* Understand and comply with all state laws. Must hold valid liquor license if required by state. Exercise judgment in serving liquor in order to protect the guest and the property.
* Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Security/Management.
* Must complete Service Training Manual and be certified-validated within 30 days of Departmental Orientation. Must pass certification quiz/test for position. Must have Serv Safe Certification.
* Assist co-workers as necessary.
* Forward lost and found inquiries to Housekeeping Department.
* Understand and be willing to administer First Aid for standard emergencies such as choking or burns if trained and certified.
* Clean dirty dishes, glasses and utensils. Clean and reset tables.
* Clean, dust and vacuum restaurant area as needed.
* Assist the kitchen staff in set-up and break-down of buffet when needed.
* Wear proper uniform including nametag at all times in accordance with the Standards ofAppearance.
* Maintain knowledge of hotel property, hotel staff, hotel services, hotel’s service hours of operation and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants).
* Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company. This includes, but is not limited to those contained in the Associate Orientation Handbook and the redEmergency Response Procedures Manual.
* Demonstrate knowledge of EEO policy, fair employment practices and the Fair LaborStandards Act. Promote a harassment-free work environment.
* Follow proper key control procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned.