* Coordinates and communicates verbally and in writing with customer (internal and external) regarding event details. Follows up with customer post-event.
* Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event). Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process. Is available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
* Oversees his/her customer experiences from file turnover through the post event phase until turnover back to sales.
* Proactively identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and works with the hotel staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
* Leads pre-event and post-event meetings for assigned groups.
* Facilitates various meetings as necessary (Banquet Event Order meeting, block review, etc).
* Manages group room blocks and meeting space for assigned groups.
* Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event Operations team for the execution of details.
* Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures (PPM, Core Deliverables, SOPs, LSOPs, etc.).
* Integrates current trends in event management and event design Guest Satisfaction
* Sets a positive example for guest relations.
* Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels. Effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
* Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service. Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters.
* Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
* Conducts pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
* Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action to address service challenges and focuses on continuous improvement.
* Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates. Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
* Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.Human Resources
* Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of associate team members with the appropriate skills.
* Supports a departmental orientation program for associates to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job. Ensures associates are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
* Uses all available on the job training tools for associates. Supervises on-going training initiatives and conducts training when appropriate.
* Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
* Participates in the associate performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
* Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same within the team.
* Actively solicits associate feedback, utilizes and "open door" policy and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns. Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
* Participates in associate progressive discipline procedures. Ensures hotel policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
* Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening with associates to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognizes performance and produce desired results.
* Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members; ensures associate recognition is taking place on all shifts. Participates in an on-going associate recognition program.Sales and Revenue Management
* Effectively up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
* Effectively manages customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
* Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process when necessary.
* Manages revenue and profitability associated with events.
* Accurately forecasts group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio-visual) for his/her groups.Financial Management
* Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
* Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of associate time and attendance. Manages payroll administration.
* Participates in the management of department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
* Understands the impact of department's operation on the overall hotel financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.Other
* Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.Key Accountabilities
* Guest Scores - Cleanliness scores are at or above goal.
* Department Budget - expenses and wages are in line with budget.
* Associate Engagement - plans and actions implemented and measured.
* Par levels maintained.