* Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times and ensure associates do the same.
* Able to run the Perfect Shift, using checklists and/or calendars for success.
* Manage and coordinate the activities of hotel staff.
* Able to carry out supervisory duties for any department under the Operations Manager (i.e. Front Desk, F&B, Housekeeping, etc.)
* Interpret company policies and provide a safe work environment by ensuring compliance with safety programs and job safety analysis.
* Ensure adherence to the Guarantee of Fair Treatment Policy.
* Source talent, interview applicants, facilitate orientation, and train new associates. Conduct ongoing training to increase job knowledge and skill level.
* Coach and counsel associates to encourage positive behaviors and correct negative behaviors.
* Analyze and resolve work problems or assist associates in solving work problems.
* Initiate or suggest plans to motivate associates to achieve related goals.
* Monitor uniform standards to ensure compliance with the Standards of Appearance.
* Comply with all regulations and guidelines for Human Resource tasks.
* Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharges and disciplinary measures.
* Be knowledgeable of associate benefits procedures and administration. Guide or direct associates to benefits information.
* Ensure proper hiring practices comply with eVerify, I-9, ADA and EEO requirements.
* Monitor service trends by speaking with guests, reviewing written guest comment cards, and guest tracking information to ensure service standards are achieved.
* Review individual guest surveys, guest satisfaction reports, online reviews, verbal comments, and the service recovery/defect tracking.
* Resolve all service issues via written communication or phone calls to complete the satisfaction of the customer.
* Empower and teach all associates how to resolve guest questions and/or complaints.
* Recognize associates for demonstrating outstanding service initiative with guests and fellow associates.
* Coordinate implementation of service strategies at the hotel level. Ensure service strategies align with White Lodging Services Pledge and the Brand’s service strategy.
* Support development of new business by creatively resolving special customer requests through making sound business decisions, passing on leads, conducting tours, making sales calls, and actively participating with community organizations.
* Review inventory control and selling strategy multiple times a day. Monitor house count to ensure rooms are ready for guests at checkin.
* Ensure hotel staff understands national sales and marketing programs and promotions at the hotel level.
* Ensure accounting policies are in place.
* Perform hands on duties as needed.
* Input and reconcile invoices.
* Ensure all equipment is maintained in accordance to the service standards and outages are reported and resolved in a timely manner.
* Responsible for management systems - accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, scheduling, etc.
* Ensure effective and ongoing training and development plan is in effect, especially regarding the effective use of all confidential systems.
* Ensure compliance with all SOPs, brand procedures, and White Lodging procedures.
* Ensure associates follow safe working procedures.
* Responsible for passing safety and brand audits.
* Ensure food safety and sanitation.
* Complete room inspections and property walks.
* Ensure compliance with liquor laws and regulations.
* Act as primary contact with vendors for supplies.
* Associate must adhere to all work rules, procedures, and policies established by the company, including, but not limited to, those contained in the associate handbook.
* Associate must perform other managerial duties as assigned, of which the associate is capable
* Must be able to work flexible hours and be on call 24-hours a day if an emergency arises
* Work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
* Job Knowledge
* Quality of Work
* Quantity of Work
* Organization Skills
* Guest Focus/Customer Service
* Judgment/Problem Solving
* If responsible for F&B, be food safety certified.
* Familiar with eVerify, I-9, ADA and EEO requirements.
* Minimum 2 year college degree or equivalent work experience required.
* Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 10 lbs. regularly.
* Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 50 lbs. occasionally with assistance.
* Follow proper moving and lifting procedures identified in Departmental Orientation Handbook.
* Regularly required to stand; sit; walk; reach; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk and hear.
FULL TIME BENEFIT OVERVIEW
* Medical, Dental, and Vision
* Short- and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Paid Time Off to include Vacation, Holidays, & Sick
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Complimentary and Discounted Rooms