Dual Event Coordinator
The Event Coordinator provides support and assistance for Event Managers in the planning and execution of events. Preparse event documentation for the customer and coordinate distribution to appropriate hotel departments.
* Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission and the White Lodging/brand basics. Understand the Hotel Improvement Plan.
* Type Banquet Event Orders, resumes and cover sheets and distribute to the appropriate hotel departments. Produce all correspondence in a professional manner.
* Handle special projects from the Event Management Director/Managers.
* Responsible for tracking and maintaining purchase orders and invoices.
* Order supplies for office.
* Log and file turnovers from Sales.
* Attend BEO meeting when necessary.
* Coordinate and handle affiliate groups with Event Manager’s supervision.
* Arrange in-house meetings including blocking space and creating the BEO.
* Type post-con reports and critiques.
* Create house accounts in PMS and bookings in Delphi.
* Always answer the telephone within three rings with a smile and answer questions accordingly or transfer.
* Call customer for guarantee number and enter in Delphi.
* Complete order form for amenities, electrical service, security, telecom and parking vouchers.
* Provide support for business center.
* Establish, develop and maintain a filing system.
* Have knowledge and familiarity with hotel facility.
* Have effective communication skills.
* Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information and material.
* Practice energy conservation at all times
* Notify manager/AYS of maintenance issues.
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area in accordance with hotel standards.
* Attend work on time as scheduled and adhere to attendance policy.
* Participate in daily preshift.
* Utilize property Service Recovery/Defect Tracking processes.
* Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Loss Prevention/Management.
* Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow associates. Use wet floor signs as needed. Use personal protective equipment.
* Wear uniform, including nametag at all times in accordance with the Standards of Appearance.
* Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, associates and managers. Effectively respond to guest complaints.
* Promote teamwork and associate morale.
* Maintain knowledge of hotel property, hotel staff, hotel services, hotel service hours of operation, and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants).
* Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company. This includes, but is not limited to those contained in the Associate Orientation Handbook and the red Emergency Response Procedures Manual. Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures. Complete Chemical Training and Blood borne Pathogen Training.
* Follow proper key control procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Job Knowledge
* Quality of Work
* Quantity of Work
* Organization Skills
* Guest Focus/Customer Service
* Judgment/Problem Solving
* Must pass certification quiz/test for position.
* Knowledge of Excel and Word
* Experience with PMS and Delphi is a plus
* Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 10 lbs. regularly. Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 25 lbs occasionally with assistance. Follow proper moving and lifting procedures identified in Departmental Orientation Handbook. Regularly required to stand; sit; walk; reach; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk and hear.
FULL TIME BENEFIT OVERVIEW
* Medical, Dental, and Vision
* Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Vacation and Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Complimentary and Discounted Rooms
Location Code: 3112
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Loading . . .
Job Reference #: 3112290H6305