* Prospect, manage and solicit group, transient and special corporate markets, negotiate and contract business as outlined by individual sales goals.
* Develop target lists and action plans for account solicitation. Assist in assignment and distribution of leads. Provide guidance in prospecting and qualifying potential leads. Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
* Interview, hire, train, and supervise sales staff through account review, correspondence review and coaching toward improvement, recommend performance evaluations discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
* Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff, resolve problems and provide open communication. Team building, selecting talent, training, mentoring and developing a sales team and achieving goals.
* Manage the sales effort, to include lead generation, negotiation, closing techniques, executing and exceeding weekly sales call goals, tele-prospecting calls, hotel site tour and cold call goals, forecasting, budgeting and yield management to exceed top line goals.
* Action Oriented
* Business Acumen
* Develop Talent
* Directing Others
* Executing for Results
* Generate Revenue
* Inspire followership
* Select and Recruit Talent
* Time Management, etc.
* The required Skill set of a Asst. Director of Sales must consist of the ability to manage time, resources, and personnel effectively and productively, Strong knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors in designated geographic market.
* The candidate must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi FDC. Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills, as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
* Professional and effective written and oral communication and excellent customer service skills.
* Candidates should possess a 4-year degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or contain equivalent hotel experience including 5+ years of sales experience in similar sized operation.
FULL TIME BENEFIT OVERVIEW
* Medical, Dental, and Vision
* Short- and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Paid Time Off to include Vacation, Holidays, & Sick
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Complimentary and Discounted Rooms