Dual Accounting Manager
The Accounting Manager manages the day to day operation of the Accounting office. Primary responsibilities include financial analysis and financial reporting, budgeting/forecasting, audit and control, working capital, cash controls and supporting the hotel operation to meet business goals.
* Oversees the AP, AR and Cash functions.
* Ensures compliance with all Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry (USALI).
* Assists and counsels department heads in the interpretation and analysis of financial data, recommending courses of action to maximize hotel profitability.
* Supports the implementation of the property’s annual business plan. Generates and reviews financial reports that are linked to the plan’s financial goals.
* Assists in the development of the annual operating budget for the property and provides analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities.
* Shares forecast information with operations to enable team to react to changes in the business. Attends critique meetings to review information with management team. Provides timely forecast information to Hotel General Manager.
* Maintains a strong accounting & operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability and manage business risks. Ensures compliance with all appropriate and required Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
* Counsels the Hotel General Manager on existing and evolving operating/financial issues.
* Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
* Leverages technology and effectively uses information systems and tools to generate financial reports and provide managers with analytical support to drive decision-making.
* Reviews audit issues and makes corrections as necessary.
* Reviews the P&L for accuracy.
* Monitors systems to ensure accuracy of data (e.g., outlet menu prices) and support the achievement of revenue goals.
* Ensures tax rates used for sales/use tax are current and proper amounts are collected and/or accrued. Documents tax exempt transactions.
* Ensures hotel permits, licenses and if applicable vendor contracts are current.
* Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
* Understanding of hotel accounting processes including AP, AR, GL, and cash.
* Understanding of Front office accounting processes including PMS, POS, Guest Ledger, and Audit.
* Understanding of Accounting Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Internal Control Best Practices.
* Strong analytical abilities.
* An intermediate ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems.
* Strong skills in communication, problem solving, organization, and employee relations.
* Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect the accounting department.
* Understanding of purchasing and inventory controls.
* Ability to troubleshoot technology related issues.
* Effective decision making skills.
* Effective presentation skills.
* Ability to influence department managers in procedural issues & requirements.
* 4-year bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
* 2 years experience in hotel accounting is preferred.
FULL TIME BENEFIT OVERVIEW
* Medical, Dental, and Vision
* Short- and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Paid Time Off to include Vacation, Holidays, & Sick
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Complimentary and Discounted Rooms
Location Code: 1300
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Loading . . .
Job Reference #: 1300791T7518