The Director of Loss Prevention plays an important role in the safety and success of the hotel. The primary job function is coming up with ways to prevent loss and ensure workplace safety. The Director of Loss Prevention oversees the Loss Prevention Department to ensure proper and effective response to all security and safety related incidents. The candidate will provide leadership, coaching, training, and progressive discipline when necessary to all associates within the department. The candidate will have responsibilities to include, but are not limited to, management of lost and found, property loss investigations, injury investigations, and detailed report writing. The candidate will also be responsible for implementing fire drills, maintaining the safety of the hotel, and conducting monthly safety meetings.
* Oversees the Loss Prevention Department to ensure proper and effective response to all security related incidents * Implement strategies which positively impact loss to the hotel * Analyze major areas of shrink opportunity using current reporting and suggesting affordable, effective software programs to streamline this process * Develop and oversee hotel loss prevention operations incorporating loss prevention reporting, detection and, conducting investigations in accordance with corporate policy * Design, implementation, and control of loss prevention policies * Work with upper management and managers in other departments to identify opportunities to lessen loss and protect hotel assets while enhancing customer safety and satisfaction * Develop and implement training programs and initiatives for all levels of field personnel to combat loss prevention issues and promote safety in the hotel * Partner with Upper Management, Human Resources, and hotel department Managers to conduct investigations and operational assessments in order to create action plans that address Safety and Loss Prevention * Responsible for implementing new Loss Prevention Technologies: Intrusion/fire alarms, CCTV systems, locks * Implement, train, and certify Hotel Management in the "Manager of Duty" (MOD) Process. * Work as the Manager of Duty when assigned and required
* Judgement/Decision making skills * Integrity * Stress Management * Independence * Resourcefulness * Adaptability * Team Player * Communication written/oral * Energy * Team Building
* Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use logical and analytical methods to solve problems with effective solutions * Relationship Management: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a diverse group of different hotels’ department leaders * Ability to influence at all levels, as well as a demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team * Planning and Priority Setting: Demonstrate an ability to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed expectations * Possess strong organizational and time management skills * Demonstrates strong listening, written, and oral communication skills
* Bachelor's Degree in business related field * Previous experience in law enforcement * Familiarity with progressive loss prevention and safety strategies * Familiarity with the hospitality industry, in particular hotels * Formalized interview/interrogation training * Knowledge of OSHA policies.
* Ability to handle stressful situations involving hotel guests and associates * Ability to be on your feet for 8 hours or long during a shift
Location Code: 2558
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!