* Supervises, guides, and trains all management level associates in the Banquet discipline.
* Ensures that management in the Banquet discipline are covering all hours of every shift to ensure constant supervision of each department.
* Schedules, evaluates and directs all Banquet personnel.
* Provides disciplinary action when, and if, necessary.
* Provides associates with the necessary tools or equipment they need to perform their job.
* Takes immediate action on problems that are encountered in the food and beverage departments.
* Participates in monthly department meeting, property MOD program, weekly staff meeting, weekly sales meeting, weekly Leadership Team meeting
* Monitors, directs, and coordinates effective sanitation, cleanliness, and organization effort in food and beverage operating areas; to include maintenance and control of glassware, china, silver, and linen use and supplies.
* Coordinates efforts of the Banquet department to coincide with volumes in business generated by the Catering/Sales and Rooms Division. For example, group commitments, full occupancy, etc.
* Establishes, directs, and reviews liquor procedures to ensure adequate security and accountability; presentation and service performance.
* Handles or assists with any guest related complaints, as well as coordinates the follow up on those complaints.
* Knowledgeable and practices food and liquor federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
* Produces approved budget and operates both established guidelines in regard to costs, expenses, sales, and profit for food and beverage departments. Develops, institutes, and maintains control and procedure to ensure sameness.
* Prepares a weekly sales and payroll forecast for the Banquet department.
* Ensures proper staffing procedures to ensure the highest possible payroll productivity at the lowest possible costs in keeping with the standards of White Lodging Hospitality operation.
* Works in close cooperation promotional and operational efforts to maximize achievement of sales. For example, advertising, posters, mailers, etc.
* Analyzes and monitors profit and loss statements.
* Interview and hire new personnel if immediate manager for certain department is not available, when needed.
* Reviews and approves all food and beverage department reviews, hires, job transfers, warning notices, counseling sessions and terminations.
* Evaluates staff performance and refers to the Standard Operating Procedures.
* Reads, learns, understands, and refers to the Standard Operating Procedures.
* Conducts performance evaluations and training sessions with each manager within the Banquet department.
* Promotes and ensures the upkeep of each department’s training procedures and personnel development within the food and beverage discipline.
* Develops and institutes new food menus for the Catering/Sales Departments.
* Is an active member of the property’s Leadership Team.
* Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
* Assist other Leadership Team members and/or managers when needed.
* Evaluates staff performance on a 90-day and annual basis.
* Each associate will be required to follow the rules as found in the White Lodging Hospitality Associate Handbook..