* Establishes relationships with business stakeholders within White Lodging to meet the operational needs of the organization.
* Contributes heavily to functional management and develops in-depth subject matter expertise.
* Stays abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to White Lodging and the hospitality industry.
* Displays strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership ability across all levels coupled with effective problem solving, conceptual thinking, and quantitative and analytical skills.
* Design and deploy data table structures, forms, reports, and queries.
* Make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of White Lodging initiatives.
* Work with existing vendor base to provide upgrades to existing databases.
* Work with other White Lodging staff to develop relational databases.
* Identify inefficiencies in current databases and investigate solutions.
* Diagnose and resolve database access and performance issues.
* Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
* Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
* Develop processes and policies regarding storage, access, views, and functions for web applications used for database analysis.
* Ensure all database systems meet business and performance requirements.
* Produce ad-hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs.
* Creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
* Work with other White Lodging departments, specifically Infrastructure, to develop and maintain a Data Warehouse.
* Implementation of data dashboards to display data in differing formats.
* Continuous improvement in gathering, accessing, and manipulating structured and unstructured data.
* Some very light web development.
* Analysis Skills
* Written Communication
* Oral Communication
* Strong project management skills, ability to influence cross-functionally in a rapidly evolving business environment while managing multiple/concurrent projects.
* Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and technical writing skills.
* Exhibits sound quality management practices.
* Strong SQL expertise.
* Some SQL server administration experience.
* Ability to create SQL based reports in multiple reporting tools: Power BI, Sql Server Reporting Services(SSRS), Tableau, Excel.
* Database tuning experience.
* Knowledge and know-how to troubleshoot potential issues, and experience with best practices around database operations.
* Strong understanding of Relational Databases, Data Structures, and SQL.
* Demonstrated experience in the area of database/query performance tuning & monitoring servers for performance
* Knowledge of maintenance and operation of Development, UAT, Production servers
* Knowledge of how to write complex stored procedures and views for ETL process, data extractions, and data import processes.
* Familiarity with prevalent SDLC methodologies
* Knowledge of Visual Studio .NET.
* Some knowledge of .NET 3.5 framework, CSS, Web Services
* Proficiency in Python a plus
* BS in Computer Science or related field
* 3+ years relevant work experience in a software application production environment
* 3+ years of experience performing Database Administrator duties on SQL Server
* 3+ years working as a database engineer or a related role.
* 2+ years of experience performing Database Administrator duties
Work will be conducted in the White Lodging corporate office in Merrillville, IN. Work will be primarily be done at a desk with computer and monitor. There will be interaction with other staff members. There will be little opportunity for travel.