This position is a hourly position, working up to a supervisor position [and/or Cook I] in charge of the line shift production of a particular food production station [s] learning to execute all daily operational duties and about supervising the culinary staff utilizing the WLW SOP’s and standards.
* Utilize all F&B WLW SOP’s local health department regulations, and federal guidelines * Inspect all foods received for freshness and proper specifications * Store all raw foods and prepared items using all mandated procedures * Follow all use records and procedures for food prep in accordance with HACCP * Maintain all costs especially Food Cost [high protein work sheets] and Labor Cost, schedule control and OT elimination * Help supervise the stewarding department and mentor them for potential lateral or cook positions * Check freshness of foods and ingredients, ensure all recipes and portion use records are followed * Be aware of all guest corporate feedback scores and conspire for positive influence on rankings * Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between coworkers * Mentor all associates for career development and advancement
* Creativity * Energy * Excellence * Oral Communication
* Basic Computer Skills featuring Excel, WORD, Outlook, TM1,Etc * All Cooking and preparation equipment knowledge * Knife skills * Basic cooking skills, IE: Sautéing, Broiling, Frying, Roasting, Butchery, Garde Manger, Pantry, Breakfast Cookery, etc.
* Culinary Education or apprenticeship preferred but not mandatory
* 75% Physical and 25% Cerebral
Location Code: 2590
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!