* Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission and the White Lodging/brand basics. Understand Hotel Improvement Plan.
* Complete assigned set-up, side work and closing duties.
* Ensure all tables are clean and properly set within the shortest amount of time possible.
* When dealing with guests, utilize proper hotel-specific scripting.
* Check cleanliness of bus stand from previous shift and notify manager of any problems. Set up the bus stand, restock and prepare bus stand for shift change and/or close.
* Check high chairs and booster seats for cleanliness and clean as necessary.
* Empty trash and spot sweep the restaurant and bar floor.
* Bus tables according to standard procedures. Pre-bus tables in accordance with SOP.
* Follow sequence of service and utilize hotel specific scripting.
* Remove dishes to dish room and break down trays as necessary. Handle all dishes and glassware carefully.
* Fill and refill water glasses when needed and serve bread, butter and condiment tray.
* Check floor periodically and pick up or clean litter.
* Ensure that side stands are adequately stocked and equipment is clean.
* Carefully and properly stack heavy trays.
* Maintain a clean work area in accordance with hotel standards. Clean service stations, including mopping floors and filling ice bins. Complete daily and weekly cleaning schedule.
* Continually remove dirty glasses, empty dinner dishes and used silverware from guest table. Use proper cleaning cloth to wipe tables.
* Refill salt and pepper shakers, candle cartridges and sugar caddy.
* Perform food runs as needed.
* Complete checklist at the completion of each shift.
* Always answer the telephone in three rings with a smile and answer questions accordingly or transfer as needed.
* Attend work on time as scheduled and adhere to attendance policy.
* Participate in daily preshift.
* Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Loss Prevention/Management.
* Utilize Service Recovery/Defect Tracking processes.
* Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information and materials.
* Practice energy conservation.
* Notify manager/AYS of maintenance issues.
* Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow associates. Use wet floor signs as required. Utilize personal protective equipment.
* Claim all tips in ADP and on weekly tip sheet. Submit weekly tip sheet to manager by end of pay week.
* Must complete Service Training Manual and be certified/validated within 30 days of department orientation. Must pass certification quiz/test for position.
* Wear proper uniform, including nametag at all times in accordance with the Standards of Appearance.
* Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, associates and managers. Effectively respond to guest complaints. Promote teamwork and associate morale
* Maintain knowledge of hotel property, hotel staff, hotel services, hotel service hours of operation and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants).
* Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company. This includes, but is not limited to those contained in the Associate Orientation Handbook and the red Emergency Response Procedures Manual. Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures. Complete Chemical Training and Blood borne Pathogen Training.
* Follow proper key control procedures.
* Assist Servers, Host/Hostess, Room Service and Bartenders as needed.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 50 lbs. regularly.
* Follow proper moving and lifting procedures identified in Departmental Orientation Handbook.
* Regularly required to stand; walk; reach; use hands to finger handle or feel; stoop; kneel; talk and hear.
FULL TIME BENEFIT OVERVIEW
* Medical, Dental, and Vision
* Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Vacation and Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Complimentary and Discounted Rooms