* Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission and the White Lodging/brand basics. Understand the WL Way.
* Follow safe food handling practices.
* Check station prior to opening for cleanliness of work area.
* Complete all necessary set up, side work and closing duties as assigned.
* Take temperature of buffet food and log temperatures throughout shift.
* Always answer the telephone in three rings with a smile and answer questions accordingly or transfer as needed.
* Perform food preparation and display the food as directed. Replenish everything during breakfast hours and/or evening social hour.
* Capable and willing to operate kitchen appliances and equipment properly (microwave, oven, dishwasher, etc.).
* Be able to operate the point-of-sale system/Micros system, when applicable. No voids or deletes without management’s written approval.
* Count bank at beginning and end of shifts, when applicable. Report all cash over/shorts to management.
* Comply with hotel and department accounting procedures. Make cash drops in accordance with proper cash handling procedures.
* Check food before serving it to guest to ascertain that appearance, temperature and portions are correct. Make sure that all plates and platters are garnished appropriately and according to use records. Consistently spot check food to ensure that food served meets quality standards.
* Deliver and serve order to guest in a prompt manner in accordance with SOP.
* Communicate properly and effectively with guests, associates and managers. Effectively respond to guest complaints. Inform management of any guest complaint or problem immediately.
* Clear dirty dishes, glasses and utensils, clean and reset tables.
* Know brand standards for breakfast and social hour set up and content.
* Ensure breakfast and social hour meet brand and White Lodging standards.
* Attend work on time as scheduled and adhere to the attendance policy.
* Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow associates. Use wet floor signs as required.
* Follow proper use of approved chemicals and accurately label chemical containers. Always use goggles and gloves when handling chemicals. Complete Chemical Training and Blood borne Pathogen Training.
* Participate in daily preshift meetings.
* Understand and comply with all state liquor laws. Evening Gatehouse Attendant must hold valid liquor license if required by state. Exercise judgment in serving liquor in order to protect the individual and the property.
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area in accordance with hotel standards. Maintain cleanliness and presentation of food display. Ensure food sanitation practices are followed. Ensure that food sanitation practices are followed. Become certified in sanitation and food handling as required by the state.
* Control food waste, loss and usage per SOP. Assist in correcting food cost problems.
* Clean storeroom and defrost refrigerator and freezer.
* Clean and maintain breakfast equipment and items including dishware, glassware, coffee pot, etc.
* Wash work tables/area and walls including appliances and equipment. Complete daily/weekly cleaning schedule.
* Follow WLD (Wrap, Label and Date) procedures for all food products and return to designated areas. Practice FIFO (first in first out) on all products. Utilize cooler products that are WLD first before opening new products.
* Use only NSF approved, stainless steel or food grade containers and lids for all food storage.
* Ensure security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information and materials.
* Practice energy conservation.
* Notify manager/Maintenance Department of maintenance issues. Complete work orders as needed.
* Utilize property Service Recovery/Defect Tracking processes.
* Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Security/Management.
* Claim all tips in Kronos and on weekly tip sheet. Submit weekly tip sheet to manager by end of pay week.
* Dust and vacuum the gatehouse area daily.
* Assist the kitchen staff in set-up and break-down of buffet when needed.
* Understand and be willing to administer First Aid for standard emergencies such as choking and burns if properly trained and certified.
* Know how to clean guestrooms to standard and assist the Housekeeping Department if needed.
* Know how to operate laundry equipment properly and assist if needed.
* Assist in room service, bar area and assist other servers as needed. Bus tables and seat guests as needed.
* Promote teamwork and associate morale.
* Maintain knowledge of hotel property, hotel staff, hotel services, hotel service hours of operation, and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants).
* Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company. This includes, but is not limited to those contained in the Associate Orientation Handbook and the red Emergency Response Procedures Manual. Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures. Follow proper key control procedures
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Job Knowledge
* Quality of Work
* Quantity of Work
* Organization Skills
* Guest Focus/Customer Service
* Judgment/Problem Solving
* Must complete Service Training Manual and be certified/validated within 30 days of department orientation. Must pass certification quiz/test for position. Must have TIPS Certification and Serve Safe Certification.
* Capable and willing to operate outdoor grill.
* None required
* Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 10 lbs. regularly.
* Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 50 lbs. occasionally with assistance.
* Follow proper moving and lifting procedures identified in Departmental Orientation Handbook.
* Regularly required to stand; sit; walk; reach; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk and hear.
FULL TIME BENEFIT OVERVIEW
* Medical, Dental, and Vision
* Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Vacation and Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Complimentary and Discounted Rooms