* Guest Service/Point of Sale: Greets all guests in a courteous and friendly manner. Accurately and quickly takes, enters, prepares and delivers guest orders according to standards. Responds to guest needs and provides the highest level of quality service. Assists other associates as needed to meet guest’s needs. Effectively operates micros operating system and cash register. Follows all cash handling/POS procedures to ensure accurate closing of all guest checks.
* Counter Sales/Food Preparation: Responsible for answering all questions about menu items, specials, and prices. Familiar with preparation methods and ingredients to meet guest’s dietary/allergy questions. Actively up-sells food and beverage items to maximize revenue. Monitors and replenishes stock of prepared menu items. Prepares all food in a timely manner, and operates the Turbo Chef according to standards.
* Barista/Beverage Duties: Brews coffee and prepares coffee/other drinks according to the specific recipes. Assists Bartender when necessary with serving alcoholic beverages, and follows local liquor laws.
* Bussing/Cleaning: Responsible for disposal of garbage, picking up trays, re-stocking dishes on the line, and clearing/wiping down tables and counter. Transfers full dish tubs to the dish room, and assists as needed with washing dishes.
* Paperwork: Completes all required paperwork in an accurately and timely manner. Assists with inventory, completes inventory par sheets, and other responsibilities as needed.
* Safety/Risk Management: Maintains a clean and safe work area, and handles all food/beverage in compliance with White Lodging, brand, local, state and federal regulations. Assists in maintaining sanitation and cleanliness of the Bistro, kitchen, and dish room. Follows all appropriate procedures for guest/associate incidents. Knowledgeable of hotel emergency procedures.
* Self-Management: Produces required volume of work by planning, organizing and prioritizing work duties. Adheres to White Lodging grooming and appearance standards, and general work rules and department procedures. Attends all required department and hotel meetings.
* Miscellaneous/Other Duties: Completes all required side work, and takes initiative to assist wherever necessary. Works as a team player and actively contributes to the success of the Bistro experience. This position also may be responsible for the set-up, maintenance, and take down of banquet areas according to function specifications. Also provides food and beverage service to clients in a business of social function in a friendly manner.