The Beverage Server serves food and beverage to guests of the hotel bar in accordance with hotel standards, ensuring excellent guest service.
* Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission and the White Lodging/brand basics.
* Understand Hotel Improvement Plan.
* Complete set-up, side work and closing duties.
* Adhere to sequence of service and utilize proper hotel-specific scripting.
* Demonstrate suggesting and up-selling techniques when interacting with the guest.
* Be knowledgeable of all menu items, their garnish, content and preparation methods. Be prepared to answer any guest question about the menu in a direct and concise way. Know the use records.
* Stay current on daily specials, new menu items and specifications including proper preparation methods.
* Always answer the telephone in three rings with a smile and answer questions accordingly or transfer as needed.
* Record beverage orders suggesting specials and/or using up selling techniques to maximize profitability.
* Report order to bartender; insure proper garnishing of drinks before taking them to the guest.
* Serve bar guest their order in prompt and efficient manner in accordance with hotel standards.
* Check periodically with guests to see if they would like anything else.
* Inform guests of last call.
* Know point-of-sale system procedures/MICROS.
* Process checks accurately and in a timely manner.
* Count bank at beginning and end of shift and report all cash over/shorts to management. Comply with hotel and accounting procedures.
* Respond to guest inquiries regarding the hotel, in-house facilities and local attractions.
* Inform manager of customer dissatisfaction.
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area in accordance with hotel standards. Complete daily and weekly cleaning schedule. Assist in cleaning the bar area, bus tables of dirty glasses and other debris. Ensure that sanitation practices are followed.
* Comply with the 30 Essentials of Food Quality and Safety standards.
* Participate in daily preshift meetings.
* Practice energy conservation.
* Notify manage/AYS of maintenance issues.
* Ensure security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information and materials.
* Attend work on time as scheduled and adhere to attendance policy.
* Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Loss Prevention/Management.
* Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow associates. Use wet floor signs as required. Use personal protective equipment.
* Understand and comply with state liquor laws. Must hold valid liquor license as required by the state. Exercise judgment in serving liquor in order to protect the individual and the property.
* Must complete Service Training Manual and be certified/validated within 30 days of department Orientation. Must pass certification quiz/test for position. Must have TIPS Certification.
* Claim all tips in ADP and on weekly tip sheet. Submit weekly tip sheet to manager by end of pay week.
* Wear proper uniform including nametag at all times in accordance with the Standards of Appearance.
* Communicate properly and effectively with guests, associates and managers. Effectively respond to guest complaints.
* Promote teamwork and associate morale.
* Maintain knowledge of hotel property, hotel staff, hotel services, hotel service hours of operation and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants).
* Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company. This includes, but is not limited to those contained in the Associate Orientation Handbook and the red Emergency Response Procedures Manual. Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures. Complete Chemical Training and Blood borne Pathogen Training.
* Follow proper key control procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Job Knowledge
* Quality of Work
* Quantity of Work
* Organization Skills
* Guest Focus/Customer Service
* Judgment/Problem Solving
* Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 25 lbs. regularly.
* May be required to lift, carry or otherwise move up to 50 lbs. occasionally with assistance.
* Follow proper moving and lifting procedures identified in Departmental Orientation Handbook.
* Regularly required to stand; walk; reach; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk and hear; taste and smell.
Location Code: 2558
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Loading . . .
Job Reference #: 2558207H2330