What You'll Do
* This role is not assigned permanently to any one hotel. Instead, he/she is assigned to provide leadership to hotels with vacancies or the need for additional leadership staffing.
* The General Manager is responsible for leading, developing, and influencing teams to deliver overall financial, cultural and experiential results for both hotel and food & beverage. Along with achieving business goals, the General Manager will be held accountable to the style and ambiance of the property to bring the brand to life for both associates and guests, ensuring that the guest experience is flawless and on brand.
* Serves as the strategic business leader of the hotel and is responsible for the overall performance while maintaining brand and White Lodging standards relating to P&L, Guest Satisfaction, Brand Quality Assurance, Budget and Labor.
* Directs the leadership teams and develops the performance of all operating departments, including food & beverage, sales, marketing and human resources.
* Leads the day-to-day culture and maintains the highest level of ethical leadership to achieve both associate engagement and guest satisfaction.
* Builds owner confidence through proactive communication, managing expectations and delivering solid business results.
* Perform other duties as assigned by RVPs and the Corporate Leadership team.
What You'll Bring
* Proven track record in delivering financial results with effective financial management skills e.g., ability to analyze P&L statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting and capital expenditure planning
* Proven track record of building, influencing and growing a cohesive team
* Proven track record of positive associate engagement and guest satisfaction scores
* Solid knowledge of cross-discipline strategies within revenue management, sales, marketing and F&B to impact overall business objectives
* Knowledge of governmental regulations and safety standards (OSHA, EPA, ADA, CFC, NFPA)
* Ability to effectively manage labor productivity
* Ability to creatively problem-solve and execute against the strategy and deliver results; can originate and invent entrepreneurial ways to create a unique guest experience and maximize revenue
* Experience in similar leadership role required. Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience as a GM preferred.
* GM experience with the specific Branded Hotel or upscale property is a plus.