* Lead the effective management of the Rooms and Food & Beverage functional areas to maximize financial performance while upholding quality standards and maximizing levels of guest satisfaction.
* Direct the maximization of room revenue by anticipation of market shifts, development and monitoring of annual business and marketing plans, and participating in property sales and marketing efforts.
* Assist with the development of a realistic and attainable business plan and budget that defines operational goals and profitability objectives.
* Be available and visible to the guests. Meet and greet guests at breakfasts, social hours, etc. as determined by the brand to build relationships and monitor guest satisfaction levels.
* Coordinate capital improvement projects to maintain/upgrade quality standards and property image, and to protect assets from neglect, damage or deterioration.
* Conduct a minimum of daily meetings with department heads; and monthly all associate meetings. Ensure each department is conducting daily pre-shift meetings and participate when possible.
* Manage and monitor the property P&L; provide detailed explanations for P&L and forecast variances. Align and drive all aspects of hotel performance towards the attainment of budgeted Revenue, RevPAR Index, House Profit, Flow Through, Guest Satisfaction Scores and Quality Assurance scores.
* Understand and apply accounting principles (e.g., accruals, prepaids, balancing daily reports, GL coding, etc.) and ensure these are understood and applied correctly by the property Controller.
* Follow all hotel policies and operating procedures as required. Follow all standards as defined by, but not limited to, the associate handbook.
* Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures /standards.
* Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
* Assist with resolution of guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
* Ensure Department Managers monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
* Maintain complete knowledge at all times of all daily group activities, room rates, and room availability.
* Oversee and participate in hotel inventories as required. Ensure par levels are accurate and requisition procedures adhered to.
* Adherence to F&B guidelines/ cleanliness and food sanitation as required by the brand and local authorities as applicable.
* Be a leader and role model to all associates.
* Supervision of Front Desk Personnel, develop and post weekly work schedule of Front Desk Associates. Provide support to the Front Desk at busy times, by answering the telephone, taking messages, and assisting guests in the registration and checkout of the hotel.
* Assist with selection, training, counseling and motivating hourly associates.
* Assist the General Manager and Housekeeping Manager in the supervision of the Housekeeping Department.
* Assist in monitoring the expenses of each departmental budget with the exception of the Sales Department and Maintenance Department.
* Participate in the development of the hotel expense budget.
* Assist hotel management and sales teams with the implementation and execution of revenue programs to ensure that the hotel’s room occupancy, average daily rate, and RevPar objectives are met.
* Coordinate and administer the daily transmittal of cash and checks to the bank.
* Responsible for the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable ledgers.
* Able to perform Night Auditor Duties.
* Balance Hotel books at the end of each period. Prepare audit reports for end of period. Send End of Period reports to Corporate on the due date of each new period.
* Work with individual vendors - making sure services and invoices match; getting the best price for supplies.
* Meet with and solicit comments from guests on a regular basis to determine their level of satisfaction with all guest services and facilities.
* Responsible for knowing hotel emergency procedures. Train associates to act accordingly in the event of an emergency or accident at the hotel.
* Assist in the maintenance of the key control program that is already in place
* Ensure the security needs of the property and guests are met.
* Participate in community activities, associate functions, and guest events.
* Ensure effective departmental communication and information systems through logs, department meetings and hotel meetings.
* Communicate with the General Manager on a daily basis.
* Inform General Manager of potential problems with guests and progress of special projects.
* Perform "Manager on Duty" responsibilities as required.
* Ensure proper communication and teamwork are continuous with sister properties and carryout any reasonable request by Management that I am capable of performing.
* Ensure the property is prepared for brand Quality Assurance Audits (Brand Standard Audits), Internal Audits, and annual Risk Audits.Key Accountabilities
* GSS/ESS: Ensure goals are met for all guest service related measures
* Market Share: Hotel at natural rank or higher
* Overall Hotel Operations: Smooth and efficient day to day operations; hourly productivity on target
* AES: Associate engagement scores and impact plans (plans and actions executed and measured)