* Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission and the White Lodging/brand basics. Understand the WL Way.
* Execute brand and White Lodging service standards and BSA standards.
* Anticipate business demands.
* Assist guests with reservations and hotel/area information.
* Upon arrival at the hotel, greet guests and refer passengers to the Front Desk for registration while unloading the luggage, if applicable.
* Escort guests and assist with luggage to and from the hotel room, transfer luggage, packages and other baggage to rooms or loading area. In the guestroom explain he proper use of the key system, turn on lights, set thermostat. Explain the floor plan, evacuation routes and explain the features of the room. Point out vending and ice machines.
* Maintain knowledge of hotel property, hotel staff, and hotel services with hours of operation and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants). Maintain knowledge of guestrooms including locations, views, amenities, features, types, etc.
* Refer guests to hotel outlets to maximize hotel revenue.
* Supply guests with travel information such as transportation rates, routes and schedules.
* Accurately give directions and information about the area.
* Maintain knowledge of surrounding area including restaurants, malls, grocery stores, medical facilities, etc.
* Report unsafe conditions or suspicious activity to Loss Prevention/Management.
* Respond to all pages and radio calls immediately.
* Maintain complete and accurate log books.
* Maintain and drive hotel van, if applicable.
* Ensure that hotel van is washed, waxed and cleaned inside and out, if applicable.
* Park/pull up guest vehicles as needed, if applicable.
* Ensure appropriate valet laundry procedures are followed when handling guests’ clothing.
* Deliver guest valet laundry to guestrooms.
* Maintain cleanliness and neatness of public areas and work area. Complete daily/weekly cleaning schedule.
* Arrange, clean and store luggage carts.
* Protect guest property by following proper luggage handling procedures. Ensure luggage is safe and secure at all times. Use luggage carts to deliver items to and from guestrooms.
* Continue to watch for people in halls, around corners, in elevators and be aware of any possible safety hazards.
* Order for and stock gift shop and bell closet, if applicable.
* Deliver amenities to guestrooms when requested.
* Claim all tips/gratuties in Kronos on a weekly tip sheet. Submit weekly tip sheet to manager by end of pay week.
* Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information and material.
* Practice energy conservation at all times.
* Notify manager/AYS of maintenance issues.
* Attend work on time as scheduled and adhere to attendance policy.
* Participate in daily preshift.
* Utilize property Service Recovery/Defect Tracking processes.
* Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow associates. Use wet floor signs as needed. Use personal protective equipment.
* Wear uniform, including nametag at all times in accordance with the Standards of Appearance.
* Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, associates and managers. Effectively respond to guest complaints.
* Promote teamwork and associate morale.
* Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company. This includes, but is not limited to those contained in the Associate Orientation Handbook and the red Emergency Response Procedures Manual. Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures. Complete Chemical Training and Blood borne Pathogen Training.
* Follow proper key control procedures.
* Report suspicious activity.
* Complete security training.
* Deliver proper telephone etiquette.
* Perform other duties as assigned.