Location: Le Meridien Denver Downtown
The Barback ensures that the bar area is clean. The Barback maintains the cleanliness of the bar and works with bartenders to ensure excellent guest service adhering to Whitelodging standards of service.
* Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission and the White Lodging/brand basics. Understand Hotel Improvement Plan.
* Ensure that food sanitation practices are followed. Become certified in sanitation and food handling as required by the state.
* Attend work on time as scheduled and adhere to attendance policy.
* Participate in daily pre-shift meeting.
* Report all unsafe conditions/suspicious activity to Loss Prevention/Management.
* Utilize Service Recovery/Defect Tracking processes.
* Ensure security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information and materials.
* Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow associates. Use wet floor signs as required. Use personal protective equipment.
* Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 50 lbs. regularly. Follow proper moving and lifting procedures identified in Departmental Orientation Handbook. Regularly required to stand; walk; reach; use hands to finger, handle or feel; stoop; kneel; talk and hear; taste and smell.
* Must complete Service Training Manual and be certified/ validated within 30 days of department orientation.
* Must pass certification quiz/test for position and Serve Safe Certification. Great Food Safe Food Certification.
* Assist bartenders as necessary.
* Assist in prep work of garnishes as required for the next shift.
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area in accordance with hotel standards. Draft bar lines must be cleaned every two weeks at minimum or in accordance to local health regulations.
* Remove dishes from the bar area to dish room and break down trays as necessary. Handle all dishes and glassware carefully.
* Personal Service
* Oral Communication
* Works within Guidelines
* Coping with Stress
* Flexibility and Adaptability
High School Diploma/ GED not required
Must be able to stand for more than 8 hours. Must be able to lift more than 50 pounds.
FULL TIME BENEFIT OVERVIEW
* Medical, Dental, and Vision
* Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Vacation and Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Complimentary and Discounted Rooms
Compensation $11.75 tipped pay