* Meets and exceeds customer expectations.
* Communicates effectively with customers, co-workers and supervisors.
* Attends work on time as scheduled and adheres to attendance policy.
* The primary responsibility of the Banquet Server is to provide the highest quality of service at all times to guests.
* Must be able to read a BEO and know how to complete a setup.
* Sets tables in assigned area (or checks to see that they have been set) correctly and uniformly, using: clean, pressed linen (without rips, stains or tears); clean unspotted silverware, clean china with no chips or cracks; clean unspotted glassware. Properly cleans and fills table complements (salt and pepper, sugar, bread baskets etc)
* Knows the menu for each function served and is able to knowledgeably explain the major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be served.
* Keeps station neat and clean during service. Constantly patrols assigned station, refilling water and coffee, removing service items and condiments per established policies and procedures. Checks on the Guest.
* Serves food, coffee, water and other beverages to customers, refills beverages as needed.
* Receives customer order for any food or beverage that varies from the set menu.
* Refers complaints on food to service to the Banquet Manager.
* Performs all opening and closing side duties assigned. Cleans function room and back of house areas during and after banquet functions.
* Returns all reusable table complements and condiments to be cleaned and refilled.
* Assists the Captain in breaking down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
* Sets up, serves and breaks down coffee breaks, receptions, other special functions, as assigned, following standard policies and procedures.
* Assists Captain in setting up buffet and other special food services tables/stations.
* Greets and serves guests, following guidelines for "Aggressive Hospitality" and all other details of our policies and procedures regarding the service of food and beverage.
* Follows all guest check and money-handling procedures when serving a la carte and beverage orders.