Oversees all culinary aspects of banquet and catering functions in conjunction with the executive chef.
* Plan and oversee day-to-day banquet culinary operations and give direction to associates * Create and implement menu selections for special banquet themes and events * Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items according to hotel recipes and standards * Follow all safety and sanitation policies * Contribute to maximizing the overall departmental profit * Control and analyze the quality levels of production and presentation, guest satisfaction, merchandising and marketing, operation/payroll/food costs, sanitation, and cleanliness and hygiene * Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, conducting coaching & counseling, conducting evaluations, training, scheduling, assigning work, and delivering recognition and reward * Participate in the development of the kitchen’s business strategies * Supervise daily setup for menu, anticipate business volume, and adjust work areas/schedules accordingly * Manage time effectively and efficiently * Establish and maintain effective employee relations and interdepartmental working relationship * Additional duties as assigned
* Knowledge of culinary skills and operation * Computer literate * Interpersonal and problem solving abilities * Ability to work cohesively as part of a team * Written and oral communication skills * Ability to train culinary staff
* 1-2 years as a Sous Chef * College degree or equivalent degree from a recognized culinary institute preferred * Previous hospitality experience required
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds * Must be able to lift frequently loads up to 30 pounds * Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time * Constant walking throughout shift * Must be able to talk, hear, and taste
FULL TIME BENEFIT OVERVIEW
* Medical, Dental, and Vision * Short- and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance * Employee Assistance Program (EAP) * 401(k) * Paid Time Off to include Vacation, Holidays, & Sick * Tuition Reimbursement * Complimentary and Discounted Rooms
Location Code: 2558
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!
Modern South Texas cuisine merges with incredible views and energizing guest rooms and public spaces Hilton and White Lodging announce the opening of Canopy by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk this…
In-Depth Training Guides Participants Through Immersive, Three-Year Program at the Union Club Hotel at Purdue White Lodging’s LAUNCH Hospitality Immersion Program is designed to propel high-caliber university students into the…
The new Austin Marriott Downtown opens today, steps away from the most popular downtown tourist attractions, bars and restaurants. The hotel represents the newest design vision for Marriott Hotels, the…